I have an unlocked G7 (LMG710ULM), which I have used on very successfully on Mint Mobile (T-Mobile network) for 4 months, including WiFi calling. Until Pie.

After the G7 upgraded to Android 9 (Pie), I found that WiFi calling is unreliable. Specifically, when I go out of WiFi coverage, then come back into it, WiFi calling is not available. Bizarrely, when I check Settings-Network-Advanced Settings-WiFi Calling, the virtual switch has moved to the "Off" position, even though I always leave it "On", with "WiFi Preferred" selected in options.

Often, "ER081 Unable to Connect" is displayed.

This is bad inside my house, where T-Mo's cellular is very weak. Often I find I'm missing calls and texts, because I'm unaware that WiFi Calling is not connecting to my home network.

The sad thing is this feature worked perfectly under Android 8 (Oreo).

Has anyone seen this problem, or better yet solved it? The only option I have at the moment is a factory reset. Hate to devote 2 hours to setting up the phone all over again.
    09-21-2019 06:29 PM
    1. "This is bad inside my house, where T-Mo's cellular is very weak." means that you're using the wrong carrier. The very first consideration when choosing a carrier is which one has solid signal where you need signal.

2. Non-TMobile-branded phones usually have a problem with TMobile WiFi calling.
    09-22-2019 01:52 PM
    Well, not so much...

The very first consideration when choosing a carrier is which one has solid signal where you need signal.

But that's the point of WiFi Calling. With it, I have a solid signal where I need it, seamlessly and reliably! And if you read my post, you'll see that it was working perfectly until the Pie upgrade recently.

Non-TMobile-branded phones usually have a problem with TMobile WiFi calling.

Not a factor. This is an factory unlocked phone, and again, WiFi Calling worked perfectly on the T-Mo network when it was running Oreo. The T-Mo forum has a number posts describing this problem exactly, FROM PEOPLE USING T-MO BRANDED LG G7 Thinq PHONES.
    sushiguy732 likes this.
    09-23-2019 12:13 PM