I've had a LG G7 Thinq for over a year now and had no problems until recently. The battery life on the settings said 12 hours of battery life and recently it began to say 8 hours. After this the battery has felt like it's been draining a lot faster. I just hope to know if this is something I need to worry about or not. If so what's something I can do before considering buying a new battery. Thank yoi
    11-27-2019 08:08 AM
    Hi, welcome to Android Forums

I'd like to recommend creating a account so me or other members can assist you, as guest have limitations in replying here and if we need further Information to communicate with you.

I'll provide a link to register, please come back to your post so we can further assist

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    11-27-2019 08:32 AM
    Can put it in safe mode and monitor it for little bit see if any 3rd party apps are causing this .
    11-27-2019 08:32 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! This can also depend on your usage habits, and which apps you've been using. Have you been using any new apps lately (especially games)?
    11-27-2019 09:28 AM
    It can also depend on your usage. If you let the battery drain down below about 45% before charging it, it will start to lose life after anywhere from a month to a year or two, depending on how low you let it go. (50% is the ideal charge point for longevity. 45% is the "I'd better look for an outlet" point. 40% is the "I can't charge it, so I'm turning it off" point. Lower than that is the "I'm shortening the life of the battery" point.)

A year? You can totally ruin a battery in a year (where "totally" means it won't take a charge). Or you can stay between 50% and 100% (as soon as it reaches 100% disconnect the charger, or charge to 99% - which is what you're at the moment the indication is "100%"). Then ... I had to replace my Note 3 battery after a little over 4 years because it started swelling, and if it popped, the stuff that came out would damage the phone. It still works 2 years later, I just won't leave it in the phone. But I consider that a manufacturing defect - there was nothing I could have done to prevent that. My other Note 3 battery [I got one, my wife got one] is still going after just over 6 years. About 97% of capacity. Shut off every single time at 50%, for 6 years. They don't last forever, but long enough that ... who wants the phone? I still have a Samsung Precedent, with 2 good batteries. It's totally useless these days, it uses 2G for voice, which Sprint no longer supports. But the batteries? About 8 years old and still going strong. (I keep them charged - about 2 or 3 times a year. The phone can still be used to watch videos, it can be used on WiFi, etc.)
    11-27-2019 03:48 PM