LG setting itself to fail?

Nubwy

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
So when LG came out a couple months ago and said they were scrapping their existing G7 design and ditching it's G series brand, I got excited. But it looks like that they're doubling down on the old design, name and now the dreaded notch. It also looks like it may have a dedicated button to LG's new (possibly?) AI assistant that has been rumored for a year or so now. It looks like it might even be a step down design wise from the G6 in that people who enjoyed the G6, might not like the G7 (ThinQ - seriously LG?).

Thoughts?

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
It can get worse. They can still overprice it, have fatal flaws in the camera, battery and/or screen (c'mon, people. Everyone knows this is what has to be flawless), and have a 3 month lag between announcing and release.

As long as the gun is already pointed at the foot, the only question is how many shots are getting fired off.

lynne22

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
So when LG came out a couple months ago and said they were scrapping their existing G7 design and ditching it's G series brand, I got excited. But it looks like that they're doubling down on the old design, name and now the dreaded notch. It also looks like it may have a dedicated button to LG's new (possibly?) AI assistant that has been rumored for a year or so now. It looks like it might even be a step down design wise from the G6 in that people who enjoyed the G6, might not like the G7 (ThinQ - seriously LG?).

Thoughts?

The notch is rumored to be an optional software setting. I'll be getting one, either way.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
The notch is rumored to be an optional software setting. I'll be getting one, either way.
The notch is physical. There is a software setting to hide it in the middle of a black background with the pull down notification sliding down below the level of the notch and black background. Probably like how they handled the old 2nd screen on the V series.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Instead of the notch, just bring back the 2nd screen from the V series.. it was great, just build upon that and improve it. Also get a better camera, the G6 front facing camera was horrendous.

I have a crazy idea.. why not make the back removable while it still being glass? Makes everyone happy. Just reinforce and glue the glass onto plastic so it doesn't break and have a removal switch like the V20, still also allow wireless charging. LG was popular because they were the only ones that offered a removable battery.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm afraid LG is done as a premium phone maker. They will hang on making cheap giveaway phones for the Walmarts & other cheapo providers of the world. The the V20 is still the best phone they have ever built.

RapidTurtle

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm afraid LG is done as a premium phone maker. They will hang on making cheap giveaway phones for the Walmarts & other cheapo providers of the world. The the V20 is still the best phone they have ever built.

You haven't seen a V30 then. As good and premium as anything Samsung has to offer, and one helluva battery.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
The V20 is the most capable hardware feature wise but the V30 is the best they've done and only phone that beat out the competition in at least one category: battery life. I think it's the sweet spot and I'm tempted to upgrade still for the upgraded wide angle camera and video specific features like point zoom. I'm glad they improved, seemeingly at least, the front facing camera finally but I think they should have kept the larger battery in favor of the loud speaker.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
You haven't seen a V30 then. As good and premium as anything Samsung has to offer, and one helluva battery.
They took out the ir blaster. I like Samsung camera better. I like iPhone camera better. If the V30 still had removable battery or ir blaster I might check it out. Sammy has the super slow mo and a bigger battery. I don't think XfinitybMobile evey carries it but I could be wrong about that

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11