So when LG came out a couple months ago and said they were scrapping their existing G7 design and ditching it's G series brand, I got excited. But it looks like that they're doubling down on the old design, name and now the dreaded notch. It also looks like it may have a dedicated button to LG's new (possibly?) AI assistant that has been rumored for a year or so now. It looks like it might even be a step down design wise from the G6 in that people who enjoyed the G6, might not like the G7 (ThinQ - seriously LG?).

Thoughts?
    04-09-2018 07:46 PM
    It can get worse. They can still overprice it, have fatal flaws in the camera, battery and/or screen (c'mon, people. Everyone knows this is what has to be flawless), and have a 3 month lag between announcing and release.

As long as the gun is already pointed at the foot, the only question is how many shots are getting fired off.
    04-13-2018 09:18 AM
    So when LG came out a couple months ago and said they were scrapping their existing G7 design and ditching it's G series brand, I got excited. But it looks like that they're doubling down on the old design, name and now the dreaded notch. It also looks like it may have a dedicated button to LG's new (possibly?) AI assistant that has been rumored for a year or so now. It looks like it might even be a step down design wise from the G6 in that people who enjoyed the G6, might not like the G7 (ThinQ - seriously LG?).

Thoughts?
    The notch is rumored to be an optional software setting. I'll be getting one, either way.
    gendo667 likes this.
    04-22-2018 08:48 AM
    The notch is rumored to be an optional software setting. I'll be getting one, either way.
    The notch is physical. There is a software setting to hide it in the middle of a black background with the pull down notification sliding down below the level of the notch and black background. Probably like how they handled the old 2nd screen on the V series.
    04-22-2018 08:51 AM
    Instead of the notch, just bring back the 2nd screen from the V series.. it was great, just build upon that and improve it. Also get a better camera, the G6 front facing camera was horrendous.

I have a crazy idea.. why not make the back removable while it still being glass? Makes everyone happy. Just reinforce and glue the glass onto plastic so it doesn't break and have a removal switch like the V20, still also allow wireless charging. LG was popular because they were the only ones that offered a removable battery.
    04-24-2018 12:52 PM
    I'm afraid LG is done as a premium phone maker. They will hang on making cheap giveaway phones for the Walmarts & other cheapo providers of the world. The the V20 is still the best phone they have ever built.
    04-24-2018 01:42 PM
    I think LG made the perfect phone with G3 and are going downhill since.
    Yesterday 03:17 AM
    Nah, my V30 is a great phone
    Yesterday 03:07 PM