google keeps suggesting my deleted ex when i share

walterkurtz

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Did you add a lot to your personal Dictionary in Gboard? If not, then no need to worry.

i don't think i have it. i use swiftkey. i did, however, find something called "google contacts sync". do you know if there's any danger in clearing that cache/data? thanks for all your help!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't think so -- any clearing of Google Contacts data on the phone would just get resynced from your cloud account.

walterkurtz

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't think so -- any clearing of Google Contacts data on the phone would just get resynced from your cloud account.

i got on my laptop this morning determined to solve this. i thought i would try adding then deleting her gmail address in my contacts. that didn't work. i searched again through all of my gmail accounts and did find some old emails i thought were deleted. i deleted them and emptied the trash. they were in a work gmail address i rarely use. i went onto my phone and under google sync i chose that work email address and UNticked sync for contacts and i think it was 'personal details'. i was so sure i finally fixed this but lo and behold she remains.

can i clear cache/data under 'google' in my settings>apps? what about maps? will i lose all my saved places?

at this point i don't really care about seeing the exes address. it's the challenge of solving it....and of course why is maps showing me my ex, a guy that fixed a watch for me once and my accountant under sharing???

thank you!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Did you also clear the cache/data for Swiftkey? It wasn't quite clear from your previous posts.

It's fine to clear the cache/data for the Google app and the Google maps app, since they both sync your data to your Google account in the cloud.

walterkurtz

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Did you also clear the cache/data for Swiftkey? It wasn't quite clear from your previous posts.

It's fine to clear the cache/data for the Google app and the Google maps app, since they both sync your data to your Google account in the cloud.

haha wow. i just deleted cache/date for google, google maps and swiftkey. i then restarted the phone, opened maps and of course they're all still there. i think it's time to concede. google is too powerful a foe for me.

thank you for trying!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, sorry. When I looked on the web for other solutions, it seems like there's no easy way to get rid of those contacts. You already tried some of the solutions I came across, like clearing the app cache/data for Google Maps.

walterkurtz

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Hmm, sorry. When I looked on the web for other solutions, it seems like there's no easy way to get rid of those contacts. You already tried some of the solutions I came across, like clearing the app cache/data for Google Maps.

i've signed out of google maps for now. :)

thanks again!

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
If your contacts are all in your Google Contacts cloud, then try also clearing the cache/data for the Contacts app. If that doesn't help, then also do the same for the Contacts Storage app. (Your contacts will re-sync from your Google Contacts cloud right afterwards.). Assuming your ex isn't in your Google Contact in the cloud, hopefully this will make the phone completely forget about her.

Which sounds exactly like he'd like to do lol. Maybe his phone is haunted :eek: ;)

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I have the Google contacts app on my Samsung as well as the default app. If something goes wrong and my contacts get deleted or changed, which has happened several times I can use the Google app to restore from an earlier time and it sorts the problem out. It is like a backup to the built in app. Just a thought. It won't hurt to install Google contacts on your phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463