Hard to read text cause of drop shadow

Tiredofcrap

Feb 19, 2021
Visit site
Some of my text on certain parts of certain apps is drop shadowed and for my failing eyes hard to read. No font adjusting or text sizing or other options in settings changes it. It's an lg g8 but I have had it on a moto 5 also. Example would be on a text note the sent text is shown drop shadowed but the written text is normal. Please help! I don't see an option here to send a screen shot attachment

Tiredofcrap

Feb 19, 2021
Visit site
Thanks tried all the fonts to no avail. I think it's baked in somehow. Foolish font for anything. Luckily most of it was from the high contrast setting. Thanks

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I just noticed something while searching for more info. I don't have a setting for high contrast text. Mine is for high contrast screen, which may explain my inability to duplicate this. I did find this thread, though.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=467334

My best suggestion right now is to double check that high contrast text is turned off and not somehow re-enabled. Even if it's off, it wouldn't hurt to enable it and turn it back off in case some weird glitch prevented it from fully turning off the first time. Also make sure screen color inversion is also turned off, because I saw a number of comments suggesting that has something to do with it. If you have your font set to BOLD, I would try turning that off as well.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I see quite a few threads about this in this forum as well as other sites, without any other conclusive followup, so it remains a mystery to me.:-\ In those threads, usually people suggest the High Contrast Text option, which works for some but not for others. I hate to say it, but you might just have to do a factory reset.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae