Facing a launcher issue after updating the phone to Android 11.

hrp1618

Mar 22, 2022
Visit site
I use an unlocked LG G8 as my secondary phone. Recently the phone got a software update from Android 10 to Android 11. The software version is G820QM30c. The model number is LM-G829QM.

I prefer using the Microsoft Launcher on Android and make it the default home app on all my Android devices. The issue is that every time I press the home button the phone asks me if I want to use the built-in home app or Microsoft Laucher. Selecting Microsoft Launcher as Always does not solve the issue, the pop up comes up every time I exit an app by pressing the home button.

I wonder if anyone else is facing this problem and if there is some way to fix this issue.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! This probably isn't possible, but can you disable the stock launcher app in the Settings>Apps​ menu?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. That has been a widespread issue after Android 11, with different brands. It's usually fixed after a few tries and restarting the phone. Make sure to set that launcher as default in the app settings as well.

I wouldn't recommend you to disable the stock launcher since that's the app that handles the Recent Apps overview and a couple more things, even while using a custom launcher.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. That has been a widespread issue after Android 11, with different brands. It's usually fixed after a few tries and restarting the phone. Make sure to set that launcher as default in the app settings as well.

I wouldn't recommend you to disable the stock launcher since that's the app that handles the Recent Apps overview and a couple more things, even while using a custom launcher.

Hmm, good point!

hrp1618

Mar 22, 2022
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! This probably isn't possible, but can you disable the stock launcher app in the Settings>Apps​ menu?

I cheked for this as you suggested and unfortunately the option is greyed out. So no go on that idea.

Hoping there is a point update fixing this bug soon if this issue as widespread as Javier says.

dennis garber

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I own several lg v40 and ThinQ phones. I have the exact same problem with all of the phones.

Just started happening. And, it is very, very annoying!

I use, and will be a life long user of, Nova Launcher.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you have any "RAM booster" or battery saver apps or services active? If so, try turning them off. It's possible that could be killing the 3rd party launcher in the background (while you're doing something else), such that when you go back Home, the system asks you which launcher you want to use.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm