Great Phone!

Willy_P

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I've had my LG G8 for two days but it has already impressed me as the best phone I've owned (and, until recently, I owned a Samsung Galaxy S10+). The display on the G8 rivals the best I've seen on Samsung phones, the fingerprint sensor is on the back where I prefer it and it works every time (as does the face unlock), battery life has been outstanding, and streaming to my hearing aids has been flawless, which was not the case with my S10+. By the way, I tried a phone call without my hearing aids and I could hear the caller clearly with the Crystal Sound OLED Speaker. I haven't used the hand gestures and I don't plan to. For me, those are gimmicks and, based on the reviews I've seen, they work about as well as the in-screen fingerprint sensor on the S10+ (which didn't work well for me). Again, I've only had the G8 for two days but I'm very impressed so far.

phillymade

Mar 31, 2011
glennsilvasy.blogspot.com
Could not agree with you more. I have a OnePlus 6T as well and feel this is on par and better in some aspects. I was a bit concerned about the battery life as my G7 had terrible battery, but this is as good as the OnePlus. The display is as good as my ThinQ TV and I can not stop looking at it. Audio for me is fantastic, clear call quality and using the "boombox" is as good as the G7, although it does have a slightly different sound, the sound when connected to headphones is as Amazing as you would think. The hand gesture is gimmicky, but I do find myself using it, it has some benefit but you have to search for the reason. But I'm giving it a fair shot even though I do not see any future development for this.
I have to say, I am quite tired of all the negative connotations towards this phone. There really isn't a whole lot of variations between phones they all kind of look the same they all kind of do the same thing so I don't really understand why all the hatred towards this device. What device stands out above the rest? They are all the same candy bar stylethe glass slab with some buttons on the side what more do you want? How is a Samsung any more special than this phone they look the same, sure the UI is different but I haven't owned a Samsung phone since the note 3 I really lost my interest in them back then. the real difference between them is marketing. That's the beauty of having choices. I will say that LG is underrated and their marketing could definitely be better. The launch for this device should have been way bigger than it was. I got this device on a pre-order well ahead of the launch I went to the store the day I received it and it got a lot of attention as they didn't even have it yet. I like quite a few people try it out and they definitely were interested in it. I for one am a fan of the underdog and always will be I own a lot of LG products and don't have any problem with any of them I support this device and all of its little gimmicks and quirks.
This is my opinion.

General Tso

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Could not agree with you more. I have a OnePlus 6T as well and feel this is on par and better in some aspects. I was a bit concerned about the battery life as my G7 had terrible battery, but this is as good as the OnePlus. The display is as good as my ThinQ TV and I can not stop looking at it. Audio for me is fantastic, clear call quality and using the "boombox" is as good as the G7, although it does have a slightly different sound, the sound when connected to headphones is as Amazing as you would think. The hand gesture is gimmicky, but I do find myself using it, it has some benefit but you have to search for the reason. But I'm giving it a fair shot even though I do not see any future development for this.
I have to say, I am quite tired of all the negative connotations towards this phone. There really isn't a whole lot of variations between phones they all kind of look the same they all kind of do the same thing so I don't really understand why all the hatred towards this device. What device stands out above the rest? They are all the same candy bar stylethe glass slab with some buttons on the side what more do you want? How is a Samsung any more special than this phone they look the same, sure the UI is different but I haven't owned a Samsung phone since the note 3 I really lost my interest in them back then. the real difference between them is marketing. That's the beauty of having choices. I will say that LG is underrated and their marketing could definitely be better. The launch for this device should have been way bigger than it was. I got this device on a pre-order well ahead of the launch I went to the store the day I received it and it got a lot of attention as they didn't even have it yet. I like quite a few people try it out and they definitely were interested in it. I for one am a fan of the underdog and always will be I own a lot of LG products and don't have any problem with any of them I support this device and all of its little gimmicks and quirks.
This is my opinion.

Agree 100%. I also have an iPhone Xs Max. The LG is every bit as capable as it. They're all basically glass rectangles with the same SoC. LG is pretty much acknowledging their past mistakes by giving you a 2 year warranty. I've had mine about a week and have no complaints.