LG G8 Photos thread.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
They look as good if not better than the Pixel 3XL I'm using.
I was thinking the G8 takes better pictures than my S10. Maybe I should go back to LG? Really, it's only my cats that turn out fuzzy/over smoothed. Everything else looks great. But yeah, the G9 might be worth considering next year.

Sorry to get kinda off topic.

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I was thinking the G8 takes better pictures than my S10. Maybe I should go back to LG? Really, it's only my cats that turn out fuzzy/over smoothed. Everything else looks great. But yeah, the G9 might be worth considering next year.

Sorry to get kinda off topic.

I’m thinking I might grab a G8 tonight. Camera seems so much better than reviews stated.

DamianP

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Please let us know how you like it. I'm between the G8 and the S10e.

And you're right: the camera looks much better than reviews have stated.

Well I sold my s10plus if that gives you any indication on how I liked it over the Samsung. I'm definitely enjoying the G8.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Well I sold my s10plus if that gives you any indication on how I liked it over the Samsung. I'm definitely enjoying the G8.

You have a point! Haha. I wouldn't get the S10 - the in-display fingerprint scanner makes me nervous - I don't trust its reliability/efficiency. Maybe I'd go for it in a year or so but it just seems unreliable compared to the S10e's side fingerprint scanner as well as other scanners like the G8.

DamianP

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
You have a point! Haha. I wouldn't get the S10 - the in-display fingerprint scanner makes me nervous - I don't trust its reliability/efficiency. Maybe I'd go for it in a year or so but it just seems unreliable compared to the S10e's side fingerprint scanner as well as other scanners like the G8.

I despised and hated the in-screen scanner on the S10 Plus! It was one of the top reasons I got rid of it.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I despised and hated the in-screen scanner on the S10 Plus! It was one of the top reasons I got rid of it.

Even in review videos, I'd see the S10e get unlocked first and the S10e's fingerprint scanner was about a second slower (or so it seemed). Plus, if you accidentally crack your screen in the area of the fingerprint scanner, what does that mean for that feature? I'm just not ready to take that gamble as yet.