Have LG stopped selling flagships in the UK?

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
As I type this the latest flagships you can buy in the UK is the G7 and V30, no G8, no V40 and no sign on the V50.

Have LG given up on the UK? If so it is pretty big market to abandon surely?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I think LG is on its last breaths when it comes to their mobile division. They are not bad devices but they've shot themselves in the foot too many times with poor choices in deployment and market segmentation among other things . I just don't see a great return for them unless they come up with something ground breaking, improve their marketing and deployment and ditch their stigma of poor QC.

It's not just LG struggling either. The top tier companies are struggling to keep up with the high numbers of preceding sales years. Its not as if lower tiered brands are eating their lunch with a few exceptions and in a few markets

The market is also so flooded with used devices that used devices struggle to maintain any decent value. I've noticed a 50 percent drop amongst certain brands for last year's used devices compared to prior years. As an example last year when the the Pixel 3XL was released I was able to sell my 2XL for 600 on Swappa which was about 150 dollars higher than trade in value. Here we are approximately 9 months later and I see used Pixel 3XLs for between 300 and 400 while trade ins are running 450 to 600 depending on which version of the Note 10 you buy.

Guess I got a little long winded but that's how I see things.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
As I type this the latest flagships you can buy in the UK is the G7 and V30, no G8, no V40 and no sign on the V50.

Have LG given up on the UK? If so it is pretty big market to abandon surely?
They've pulled out of several countries already.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthompson9705kt