I've never been a mobile payments guy. Either my phone didn't have nfc and if the phone did it wasn't really that helpful because I always still needed to carry my wallet. Google pay doesn't work everywhere and I have been messed over more then once.

Then I got my G8 with LG pay. LG Pay works everywhere, similar to Samsung Pay, and because of that I now nearly never carry my wallet around. I never thought that it would be so liberating not having to carry my wallet because you don't think of it as such a big deal. Now that I don't need it, I realize that your wallet is something that you always need to remember whenever you want to go somewhere. Now I don't have that. It's a game changer.

This kinda sounds like an ad but it's legit how I feel lol
    09-06-2019 03:18 PM
    I guess you don't drive. If I don't have my wallet, I don't have my license or registration. One more card in the wallet doesn't add much weight.
    09-06-2019 03:58 PM
    I guess you don't drive. If I don't have my wallet, I don't have my license or registration. One more card in the wallet doesn't add much weight.

I was going to say the same thing. Carrying around a driver license is a necessity. Otherwise are you just going to slip it in your pocket loosely for it to get lost?? I recently got my state issued "Real ID" driver license, and it was a huuuge DMV pain/process and waiting time for it to arrive. There is no way I want to risk losing it, hence the need to have a wallet.
    aximtreo likes this.
    09-06-2019 04:25 PM
    Are there any states that have digital drivers licenses yet?

EDIT: Looks like it's being tested in some states: https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/...se/3072888002/
    09-06-2019 04:30 PM
    Are there any states that have digital drivers licenses yet?

EDIT: Looks like it's being tested in some states: https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/...se/3072888002/

Hmm, dunno. What I do know is that a "Real ID" is required next October, otherwise you cannot board a plane. A U.S. Passport will also be accepted for boarding planes, but who wants to carry around a passport which is also a monster pain in the booty to replace if lost or stolen?
    09-06-2019 04:41 PM
    I'm in the Global Entry program, so that card also works as Real ID.
    09-06-2019 04:42 PM
    ..... and now you have to remember to take your phone with you...
    Chuckles!
    Seems very popular here (in Australia) to use phone to pay for things. Looks very convenient... :-)
    09-06-2019 08:52 PM
    I just counted and I have 11 cards in my wallet that have no app equivalent. Licence, insurance cards, rewards cards, company fuel card, etc. I don't see myself giving up my wallet any time soon. Lol
    aximtreo likes this.
    09-06-2019 09:06 PM
    So to answer all of your questions, I do drive and I carry my license in my phone case. I slip it under the back of the case.
    thunder18 likes this.
    09-07-2019 10:18 PM
    I didn't want to say it.😁

But regardless of Samsung pay. I still carry my wallet, and it doesn't hurt to have a couple of crisp bills in it.
    You never know! And yes the driver's license is a must.
    09-13-2019 09:40 PM
    I didn't want to say it.😁

But regardless of Samsung pay. I still carry my wallet, and it doesn't hurt to have a couple of crisp bills in it.
    You never know! And yes the driver's license is a must.
    Bro, I drive. I explained it in the post directly before yours...
    09-15-2019 02:08 PM