Save big + get 3 months free! Sign up for ExpressVPN today

Every other month is not bad for LG and ATT. That's the 3rd update I've recieved.
    Attached Thumbnails Sept security patch out on ATT-35418.jpg  
    09-26-2019 09:25 AM
    Glad to see LG and AT&T sending out updates to the G8. I just ordered mine for $330 on eBay. Should get it sometime this week. It's supposed to be the US unlocked version. I'm not sure if I will be getting updates from AT&T, or straight from LG.
    09-29-2019 12:21 PM
    TMO just updated theirs this past week.
    10-01-2019 11:18 AM
    Glad to see LG and AT&T sending out updates to the G8. I just ordered mine for $330 on eBay. Should get it sometime this week. It's supposed to be the US unlocked version. I'm not sure if I will be getting updates from AT&T, or straight from LG.
    I just bought a AT&T G8 on Ebay....... I'll be using it in Ireland with my Irish carrier.

I wonder will I get any updates??
    12-17-2019 02:24 PM
    Hi, I was just wondering how the G8 worked out for you??

Are you in the USA??
    12-19-2019 08:20 AM
    Hi, I was just wondering how the G8 worked out for you??

Are you in the USA??
    It's worked out pretty well. I like the G8, it might not be the best phone on the market, but it meets my needs. I'm in the USA and have received multiple updates from AT&T. Not sure if you would get updates though.
    01-01-2020 09:14 AM
    It's worked out pretty well. I like the G8, it might not be the best phone on the market, but it meets my needs. I'm in the USA and have received multiple updates from AT&T. Not sure if you would get updates though.
    Hi, thanks for replying. Glad you're enjoying the phone.
    I'm getting my AT&T G8 tomorrow (in Ireland).......would you mind replying to this when you receive your official update to Android 10.....at least that way I'll know for sure there is one available.
    Thanks
    01-01-2020 10:24 AM
    Hi, thanks for replying. Glad you're enjoying the phone.
    I'm getting my AT&T G8 tomorrow (in Ireland).......would you mind replying to this when you receive your official update to Android 10.....at least that way I'll know for sure there is one available.
    Thanks
    No problem. Hopefully we get the Android 10 update in the next month or two. I know LG has already released it in S Korea and other parts of the world. I will post when I get the update.
    01-01-2020 10:54 AM
    No problem. Hopefully we get the Android 10 update in the next month or two. I know LG has already released it in S Korea and other parts of the world. I will post when I get the update.
    Well, I got my device the other day. I was able to input the APN for my provider and all is working fine.....however......the phone is on its original March '19 software and security patch and is showing up as being on "up to date" software when I look for an upgrade in the menu.

I suppose it was too good to be true.

It looks like the "modding" community have just figured out how to root the G8 so there is some hope of getting up to date software on the phone.
    01-04-2020 04:14 AM
    Well, I got my device the other day. I was able to input the APN for my provider and all is working fine.....however......the phone is on its original March '19 software and security patch and is showing up as being on "up to date" software when I look for an upgrade in the menu.

I suppose it was too good to be true.

It looks like the "modding" community have just figured out how to root the G8 so there is some hope of getting up to date software on the phone.
    That's too bad. At this point I would say check the XDA Forums to see if there is a way to load the updates manually. I think there is a program called LG Up that is used to flash software to LG phones. I've never used it so I can't give you any guidance on that. Another thing that might work is if you could get ahold of an AT&T SIM card. Maybe buy a prepaid one on eBay or something. Then just swap from your current SIM to the AT&T SIM in order for the update to be pushed to your phone. Then after updating you put your SIM back in and carry on.
    01-04-2020 09:00 AM
    That's too bad. At this point I would say check the XDA Forums to see if there is a way to load the updates manually. I think there is a program called LG Up that is used to flash software to LG phones. I've never used it so I can't give you any guidance on that. Another thing that might work is if you could get ahold of an AT&T SIM card. Maybe buy a prepaid one on eBay or something. Then just swap from your current SIM to the AT&T SIM in order for the update to be pushed to your phone. Then after updating you put your SIM back in and carry on.
    Yeah, I'm familiar with the LG UP method. It has to be AT&T software until root is a achieved (I think they are almost there)

I have considered the AT&T sim card....... I will get one of my American friends to post one home to me.

Cheers for the reply
    01-04-2020 09:03 AM
    Yeah, I'm familiar with the LG UP method. It has to be AT&T software until root is a achieved (I think they are almost there)

I have considered the AT&T sim card....... I will get one of my American friends to post one home to me.

Cheers for the reply
    Good luck
    younger996 likes this.
    01-04-2020 09:59 AM
    Well, the SIM card trick didn't work.
    I even got it registered and put a month's service on it (I got text from AT&T confirming the account while it was in the handset) but no joy.......it won't connect to the update server.
    I'm beginning to believe that the phone really has to be in America, working on their network, to update.

Anyone want to buy a lightly used AT&T G8? (platinum grey)

Tech21 case, Spigen case, Ghostek case, supacase case.
    01-21-2020 07:12 AM