G8S: Always on display keeps re-enabling itself even though i've disabled it

JohnLBergqvist

Nov 3, 2019
Visit site
I have a very weird problem with the "Always-on" display feature. I've disabled it settings, which correctly stops it from running when I turn off the display.

However every time I wake up in the morning, it's there again. I have to go into settings, enable it (it still shows as disabled), and then disable it again for it to turn off properly, but it's always turned on again the next morning, despite what the options in settings say.

Has anyone else had this problem?

My only theory is that i'm using work mode, so maybe it's enabled for that, and I just can't turn the work mode version of it off, because I can't access work mode's settings.

Mr Bojangles1

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
I have a very weird problem with the "Always-on" display feature. I've disabled it settings, which correctly stops it from running when I turn off the display.

However every time I wake up in the morning, it's there again. I have to go into settings, enable it (it still shows as disabled), and then disable it again for it to turn off properly, but it's always turned on again the next morning, despite what the options in settings say.

Has anyone else had this problem?

My only theory is that i'm using work mode, so maybe it's enabled for that, and I just can't turn the work mode version of it off, because I can't access work mode's settings.

Do you use smart Lock by chance? Or do you use the battery saver setting? Maybe there is a schedule set for it? I think the setting could also change when plugging in to charge. It's strange that the setting still shows as disabled though. Which makes me think it could be a bug. Does your phone have the latest updates?

I saw another post where someone said when they turned off the always on display setting, the option where you can disable it during certain times of the day didn't grey out. And after disable that we well it fixed the problem. Check that maybe. I hope it helps

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome