I've been generally pleased with the battery life on this phone. It's not incredible but it's definitely enough considering it doesn't have the most massive battery size (3,500 mah) as apposed to many other flaships that are around 4000 mah. Usually it gets me through the day with a mild reserve left over despite me running the phone decently hard (lots of streaming and SoT). However, I noticed that while during active usage of the phone the battery seems to decrease at a reasonable pace, the standby time on the phone is pretty bad relative to other phones I've used. Battery seems to drain at unreasonable pace even when I'm not actively using the machine. Most battery saving advise focuses on things like dark theme which help during active usage and I implement those, but I haven't really found much to help whilst the phone is in stand by. Any advice?
    11-06-2019 07:12 PM
    Is your cell signal strength generally good? Poor cell signal is a common cause of idle drain.
    11-06-2019 09:48 PM
    Is your cell signal strength generally good? Poor cell signal is a common cause of idle drain.
    So I usually have 4 or 5 bars while at home. I don't know the actual signal strength in numbers. I've heard bars are an inaccurate measure of signal strength tho
    11-06-2019 10:16 PM
    4-5 bars should be fine -- I'd be concerned if you typically had only 1 or 2 bars.

Does the drain happen in Safe Mode as well? https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-39649
    11-07-2019 12:27 AM
    Are you using the built in "Smart Clean" app regularly to clear out junk files, processes, and apps etc?
    11-07-2019 09:58 AM
    I've been generally pleased with the battery life on this phone. It's not incredible but it's definitely enough considering it doesn't have the most massive battery size (3,500 mah) as apposed to many other flaships that are around 4000 mah. Usually it gets me through the day with a mild reserve left over despite me running the phone decently hard (lots of streaming and SoT). However, I noticed that while during active usage of the phone the battery seems to decrease at a reasonable pace, the standby time on the phone is pretty bad relative to other phones I've used. Battery seems to drain at unreasonable pace even when I'm not actively using the machine. Most battery saving advise focuses on things like dark theme which help during active usage and I implement those, but I haven't really found much to help whilst the phone is in stand by. Any advice?
    For standby don't have lot of notification push
    11-07-2019 10:47 AM
    Are you using the built in "Smart Clean" app regularly to clear out junk files, processes, and apps etc?
    No I haven't used this app. What is it?
    11-07-2019 10:48 AM
    For standby don't have lot of notification push
    So I should turn off sync? Will whatsapp still go thru?
    11-07-2019 10:49 AM
    So I should turn off sync? Will whatsapp still go thru?
    Yeah turn sync off , it should go through for what's app but need to experiment. What Android version you on ?
    11-07-2019 10:50 AM
    Yeah turn sync off , it should go through for what's app but need to experiment. What Android version you on ?
    On pie for the foreseeable future.
    11-07-2019 10:52 AM
    On pie for the foreseeable future.
    Ok lol , because Android 10 has little more tweaks can do
    11-07-2019 10:53 AM
    No I haven't used this app. What is it?
    It's built into the phone. Clears out stray junk and apps that may be causing battery issues or similar problems. I suggest going to app list and trying it.
    11-07-2019 12:00 PM
    It's built into the phone. Clears out stray junk and apps that may be causing battery issues or similar problems. I suggest going to app list and trying it.
    So I used it and cleared up a few GB of junk files or so it claims. I hope it didn't delete anything important.
    11-08-2019 01:54 AM