03-25-2020 10:17 PM
33 12
tools
    Just got 10 on my TMO this morning.
    Louiemacgoo likes this.
    02-22-2020 06:36 AM
    Just got update yesterday on Amazon unlocked G8 thinQ. Seems to be working fine. I like the look and feel so far.
    02-25-2020 05:58 PM
    Just got 10 on my TMO this morning.
    I waited a couple days until I had enough time to spare for an update. I don't like doing it over night because it means charging my phone overnight.

Initial thoughts:
    1) all the animations seems to be much smoother. I use a 3rd party launcher and on pie it ran very snappy with very little animation making it feel jerky at times. Now it's very smooth. Apple like in a way with the way the multi-task page kinda smoothly floats around the page.
    2) the settings page has been completely revamped. Gone is the 4 category horizonalty divided sections and now it's one long scrolling page divided neatly into sub categories.
    3) there are very few icon packs on the LG smartworld that are compatible with Android 10. I use lawnchair so I was able to play around in there but for anyone who wants to use the default launcher it may be an inconvenience.
    4) gesture controls on A10 are really cool but because I prefer to use lawnchair (I need that scrolling app drawer! Like come on LG, it's so much better!) the gestures were rather janky. Maybe they'd smoothen out if I used it more (when I test drives then with the LG launcher it took a bit of time and a reset for then to go smoothly idk why but twas so) but I stuck to the android pie gestures which are still supported and they even added reversing the back button to the right side of the bar, which is helpful cuz I'm a righty. I'm glad that they're still there along with 3 button nav for those who like it.
    5) I love the new privacy settings for location permissions.
    6) digital wellbeing is here for LG phones. I haven't used it yet but it looks intriguing.

That's it so far I'll update y'all when other stuff pop up
    Laura Knotek and mark233 like this.
    02-26-2020 10:01 PM
    I hate the corner pull for assistant with gesture. We already have a dedicated button. Also the home buttons get lost in some apps like Twitter. Whit background with white buttons. I don't know if that is because of having dark mode on maybe.
    02-27-2020 05:38 AM
    I'm pleasantly surprised how well implemented the android 10 update is on tbe G8. Well done!
    Louiemacgoo likes this.
    03-15-2020 04:11 PM
    i got my G8 3 weeks ago unlocked on amazon. after only a few days i got an update to android 10. it worked fine for a week or so. but the last 4 or 5 days it's been buggy as hell...

sometimes i will turn on screen rotate and it won't.

apps freeze all the time...google maps, instagram, i forget who else...

and now when i go to attach a picture in a message i see my album is all out of sorts. it used to show me pics in chronological order just like every previous LG.

is there anything i can do to fix it? i imagine updates on an unlocked amazon phone might take a while. and as much as i want to smash it on the ground, that will probably make things worse.

oh, also is there any way to disable the tiny pop up rotate screen button that appears in the corner and invariably gets hit when i least want or need it??

thank you!!!
    03-25-2020 10:27 AM
    My Wife's phone has been good since the update, but it is an at&t version. My advice would be to factory data reset. It's a pain in the &$%, but I know a lot of people who do it after a major update regardless if the phone is working good or not.
    03-25-2020 04:22 PM
    My Wife's phone has been good since the update, but it is an at&t version. My advice would be to factory data reset. It's a pain in the &$%, but I know a lot of people who do it after a major update regardless if the phone is working good or not.
    thank you. that will literally set it back to new correct? no apps no preferences no nothing? just clean?
    03-25-2020 10:17 PM
33 12