Just got Android 10 update.

Louiemacgoo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I got home from work and noticed there was an update waiting for me. I'm interested to see what goodies LG's version of 10 has.

BTW this is the Sprint version.

Casualballer

Apr 28, 2019
Visit site
I got home from work and noticed there was an update waiting for me. I'm interested to see what goodies LG's version of 10 has.

BTW this is the Sprint version.

I'm on T-mobile and they've been slacking off recently with updates so here's hoping it comes through sooner rather then later.
How's the LG skin on Android 10? I heard that there are some major changes

Louiemacgoo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm on T-mobile and they've been slacking off recently with updates so here's hoping it comes through sooner rather then later.
How's the LG skin on Android 10? I heard that there are some major changes
Hard to say how the skin is, I've been using Nova Launcher since before I got this phone. I can say that the settings menu is quite different in layout. Volume control is still at the top like it was in 9 but you can set it per application. Also I decided to give the A10 gestures a try and I'm starting to really like them.

Louiemacgoo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Do you have the dedicated dark mode toggle button in the drop down menu.?
No, it looks like LG changed it's name to ”Night Mode” and it's only in settings.
20a3241ad703c9658cb0885043638340.jpg

younger996

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Hopefully AT&T gets it out soon.
Are you in the States, on the AT&T network??

I'm considering sending my handset over to someone (if they where willing) to pop there sim card in so my G8 will update.

I'm in Ireland and it won't update outside of USA

Obviously, I'd pay the return postage.

(I'm stuck on March 2019 software)

RapidTurtle

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I'd love to help ya out, but I'm really not that tech savy. I'm having a hell of a time right now trying to sell my old S9 plus on swappa. It keeps coming up as financed, yet it's been paid off for over a year now. I really hate dealing with AT&T!!!

younger996

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I had Android 10 (beta) on a Sprint G8 and I found no problems.....it greatly increased battery life and the Night mode (dark mode) looks fantastic.

Louiemacgoo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
There are a few things that I'm really liking about 10. These are my top three.
1. App permissions. Being able to set access permissions to location, contacts or camera per app and only when the app is running is very nice. It's an added layer of security that I really like.

2. Gestures. I really didn't use gestures before Android 10. They were available in 9 but I stuck with the traditional three-button navigation. But since I've turn them on in Android 10 I'm really starting to enjoy the navigation and what it brings to Android. It takes a little bit of getting used to but I think it's a step in the right direction.

3. Notifications. In Android 10 notifications can fall into different categories. There are only a few that I actually want to be notified for with an alert. The rest I can put into the silent category so I don't get distracted but they're there when I actually look at my phone.

franchise22

Aug 31, 2017
Visit site
did a software check for the heck of it today.....update available on At&t!!! Android 10! New LG UI.... Kinda reminds me of Apple.

Last edited: