why the heck do my notification sounds keep resetting??

walterkurtz

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
my notification and alarm clock sounds keep resetting to defaults(?). i change the alarm back to bach and when i wake up i hear "life's good". with email or whatsapp i get "crystal" instead of "twinkle" which i chose under settings > sound > notification sound AND in the individual apps. sometimes when i go back to settings to change it, i open up the notification sound option and literally the only thing there is 'silent'. i restart my phone and the list usually returns about 10 minutes later. but what on earth is happening?? is this my 2 month old LG or an android OS problem? any idea how to fix it?

thank you!

walterkurtz

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't think you can access the cache partition wipe in Recovery on LG phones, though.:-\

sorry to be android ignorant but what is the purpose of safe mode? i went into safe mode, but panicked about missing messages and restarted an hour later. i noticed it reset at least a few default app settings. i have not experienced the notification sound reset since, but did not make any changes while in safe mode.

is there a cache for the phone i can clear?

thank you!!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
sorry to be android ignorant but what is the purpose of safe mode? i went into safe mode, but panicked about missing messages and restarted an hour later. i noticed it reset at least a few default app settings. i have not experienced the notification sound reset since, but did not make any changes while in safe mode.

is there a cache for the phone i can clear?

thank you!!!

As mentioned in that link, Safe Mode temporarily disables any 3rd party app you installed. If problems are due to a 3rd party app, then they should go away in Safe Mode. It's a way to determine if a problem is due to something you installed, or due to the system itself. If the problem goes away in Safe Mode, then you'd have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem goes away. If the problem doesn't go away in Safe Mode, then it has more to do with the system or one of the preinstalled apps (i.e., a bug)

LG does not allow the user to wipe the system cache partition. You can still clear individual app caches in Settings>Apps, but that's different from the system cache partition, and in your case probably wouldn't do anything to solve your issue.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
No more ?

There might have been one or two models in the past that allowed the user to do so, but the vast majority of LG phones don't let the user go into the standard Android Recovery menu with the wipe cache option. No idea why they do that.:-\

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
There might have been one or two models in the past that allowed the user to do so, but the vast majority of LG phones don't let the user go into the standard Android Recovery menu with the wipe cache option. No idea why they do that.:-\

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers