Why is my screen black unless I plug my phone?

MMZeta

Mar 14, 2017
Visit site
Hello! I bought an LG K10 cell phone about three weeks ago. It is a new phone. Recently, when I'm home, the sceen doesn't re-start when I want to use my phone. Instead it remains black. I need to plug it and the screen lights up and I can use it. But otherwise the screen keeps black even using the power button or the volume down + power button. I cannot find a thread where this issue is being discussed. I have read the ones referring to the black screen while on a call but that is not the case and besides, I don't have a screen protector on my phone so it cannot be the sensors.
The phone doesn't do this while I'm away at the office or outside of my house so this is really annoying and truly inconvenient.But it is not a location (GPS) thing either because I have disabled the location feature and the problem still persists.
Please please help!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try booting into Safe Mode, which temporarily disables all 3rd party apps. https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-31115

If the problem disappears in Safe Mode, then something you installed is causing the problem. You may have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem disappears. If the problem persists in Safe Mode, then it's more likely to be a hardware or firmware problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs