How to wet sd card as my default storage

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AC Question

I have a 16 gig memory card in my LG K7 but when I go to my storage settings I have 13 .87 total free space in my internal memory on my phone is completely full I have moved all apps that I can to the SD card manually and it's still full on my internal storage. What I'm trying to accomplish is to make my SD card my primary storage for my phone can anyone please help me figure it out. I would greatly appreciate thank you very much

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! That depends on the phone. Some phones allow you to set the SD card as primary storage for data (but not for installing apps). If you don't see a setting for that in the system settings, then you'd have to rely on each individual app to have that setting.

If you root the phone, you might be able to do this.

RaeMcAdams

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
I'm curious if you ever found an answer. I'm having the same issue with the same phone.

I have a 16 gig memory card in my LG K7 but when I go to my storage settings I have 13 .87 total free space in my internal memory on my phone is completely full I have moved all apps that I can to the SD card manually and it's still full on my internal storage. What I'm trying to accomplish is to make my SD card my primary storage for my phone can anyone please help me figure it out. I would greatly appreciate thank you very much

AZComputerRepair

Oct 24, 2016
Visit site
First off all, I am not a guru in Android but in Linux. From what I know, you need to "root" your phone and set up required mount points and system variables to point to "SD Card". Knowledge of Linux file system is a must for that operations!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz