Why cant i send or receive pictues

A

AC Question

I have a lg k7 on my message when i send i see on sending it's got a red quotation mark at the end of sending and still sending because spending a circle trying to send the picture and i cant download a picture from texts i need to know whats going on with my phone let me know thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do you have mobile data turned on? It has to be on to send or receive MMS messages (which is how you send photos).

Kayla Cole2

Oct 9, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do you have mobile data turned on? It has to be on to send or receive MMS messages (which is how you send photos).

But I dont don't have data. I'm connected to a Wi-Fi. I am able to send sms whenever I want bc I have unlimited but even when I am connected to Wi-Fi it won't let me send or receive mms. How do I fix this??

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Even if you don't have a mobile data plan, I believe you should still be able to turn on mobile data for MMS messages (and it shouldn't count as mobile data on your plan). To be safe, call your carrier to make sure.

MMS requires mobile data -- it doesn't work over wi-fi.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Depends on your carrier for rates, but picture messages require a data connection, Wi-Fi won't work.

I've had this issue with my mom countless times because she leaves her data off when she isn't using it, we even have unlimited data now and she won't break the habit.

Most carriers don't actually charge or consume data for the messages now, but the data connection is needed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome