Lgk7 cant open apks

A

AC Question

Hello so i have a lgk7 and when i try to open an apk and it always gives me a cannot open file or a this file type not supported I have tried es file explorer but it does not work everything i try there is no package installer in my phone do I have to flash a new rom to my k7 if I do how do i do it thanks. I have unkown resources accept on. I have downloaded apks.

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forum. If you tap on the icon for the APK, the interface will ask you if you would like to install the application and lists all of the permissions that you will be granting it. ES File Explorer should work fine so I'm thinking that the apk you downloaded is not compatible with your phone.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

Red502

Dec 9, 2017
Visit site
Help!

I have an lg k7. I keep getting restricted voice and data messages. Also when i try to install an APK. it says can't open file, or file type not supported. Also i gey process com.android. settings has stopped.

Ive tried everything from restarting my phone to hard reset everything. What can i do?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I merged your threads, since your latest one was a continuation of your original post.

What's the exact message about restricted voice and data? Have you asked your carrier about this? Do you have a plan with unlimited voice and data?

What apk file are you trying to install? apk files can be risky, since the places where you find them often don't vet the files for malware. Since many people try to avoid paying for apps by searching for apk files, they're ripe targets for cybercriminals or hackers. And as @PJRed2008 mentioned above, if the app you're trying to install isn't compatible on your phone in the first place, that may be why it's not supported.

When do you get the com.android.settings has stopped error? Randomly, or when you try to install an apk?

Does any of this happen in Safe Mode? https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-30604

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude