Can I flash a rom without factory resetting?

A

AC Question

can i flash a rom without factoruy reseting

i have the lg leon lte i found cm 12.1 for it i dont have an sd card. (dont ask money issues rigth now) and i wanna flash it but im afraid if i factory reset first im gonna lose the zip files so what can i do instead. i was thinking about just flashing it and doing the reset after i flash the first zip. or delete the cach and dalvik cacth before i flash any of the zip files.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Re: can i flash a rom without factoruy reseting

I would suggest getting a flash card, even a small one, perhaps you can borrow a friends card for the job. You should always start from scratch you need to wipe dalvik cache etc. Otherwise you can end up with unwanted results.

Cyngn Ray

Official Cyanogen Support
Jun 26, 2015
Visit site

Wiping the device using a custom recovery can be done while the zip files are at the root of internal storage. TWRP is a good custom recovery that allows you to wipe the partitions that you need to to move forward with the custom ROM. I personally don't like using external storage for flashing devices.

thelox2013

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site

Will this work on lg Leon lte for metropcs I got it and I wonder how long will it be done

Sent from my LGMS345 using Tapatalk

thelox2013

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site

i have the lg leon lte i found cm 12.1 for it i dont have an sd card. (dont ask money issues rigth now) and i wanna flash it but im afraid if i factory reset first im gonna lose the zip files so what can i do instead. i was thinking about just flashing it and doing the reset after i flash the first zip. or delete the cach and dalvik cacth before i flash any of the zip files.
Cm 12 is out

Sent from my LGMS345 using Tapatalk

LoneStar144

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site

This is just a courtesy post. I am a co-owner of another android forum and we have banned thelox2013 many times for being an a$$, claiming to be an experienced dev but stealing other dev's work and posting as his own. After being banned from our forum, he attempted to run his own forum with our content and not giving credit and claiming as his own. If any admin wants proof, we still have all his posts archived in our forum.