Slow on Wifi

bmca215

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,
Hoping someone can shed some light onto this for me. I recently replaced my old phone with an LG Leon Ms 345 on the Metropcs network. I realize this isn't the best phone but still...

I'm having a problem with the phone when it's connect to my home Wifi. 90% of the time it loads pages VERY slowly. Every once in a while it will randomly start working well but that doesn't usually last long.

When I take the phone off the Wifi network and use the 4g it works perfectly 100% of the time.

I figured my modem/router might be the problem so I replaced it yesterday but nothing has changed.

Over the past few weeks I've been testing this new LG phone against my old (beat up) LG phone. I connect both phones to my home Wifi and attempt to access the same pages. The old LG phone loads the page about 4 times as fast. I tried this test before and after changing the modem/router and the results were exactly the same.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

organicfreak

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
I'm having the same issue! I never had a defective phone but now think I have one. It works flawlessly on LTE but once WiFi is turned on, it's death for the phone. It gets extremely hot, battery goes down to 0% in an instant, and it'd take longer to recharge. Just weird! Hope someone can offer a solution.

ycr258z

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
Please make sure that your wifi setting on your phone is properly configured. Go to setting then wifi. Or you can do basic troubleshooting. Thanks