My phone just started saying my sd card was blank or has unsupported file system and then asks me to format but if i do i will lose all on sd card and i even tryed that and it won't work?

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-13-2016 06:51 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! That often means the card has failed, has become corrupt, or was counterfeit to begin with. Counterfeiters take smaller capacity cards and program them to report higher capacity. They work fine until you try to save more data than it can really hold, after which you might lose some or all of the data that was on the card to begin with. If the phone recognizes the card, run SD Insight to check its validity.

SD cards don't last forever, and can fail or become corrupt unexpectedly. If the phone is no longer recognizing the card, remove it and insert it into your computer's SD reader. If the computer can't recognize it either, the card has died, and unfortunately your data is most likely lost. You could try data recovery software, but that usually requires the computer to be able to recognize the card in the first place.

Do not rely on an SD card for important data. Make sure important data is backed up to a computer hard drive, or to multiple other detachable storage like USB flash drives. Or back up to the cloud.
    01-13-2016 07:57 PM