Software Update changes?

gatorboi352

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Anyone privy to the recent software update changes? I couldn't find a change log anywhere when i updated my Lucid 2 this morning and the Android version is still 4.1.2.

Even more perplexing, the website Verizon gave for more info (verizonwireless.com/lucid2support) isn't even a functioning webpage. It just throws an error.

gatorboi352

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Figured out at least one change: the wonky light sensor. The update fixes this and allows the screen dimming/brightening to behave much less erratically.

Sent from my VS870 4G using AC Forums mobile app

jj2me

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
That website worked (I copy/pasted it from your post) on my PC. Must've been a temporary glitch. Anyway, below is a screen-scrape from Verizon's PDF. The dashed items are indented under the preceding bullet item.

I noticed one other new thing in Application Manager/Running: "Verizon Location Agent." Just what we need on a 1GB phone: another 10 MB of free RAM taken away. If I had known I would lose 10 MB of free RAM, I wouldn't have updated.

Also, despite the new Google Maps Services (R5), I still have my Navigation icon, unlike others who have updated Maps and lost that icon. Maybe that isn't what takes it away.

DEVICE IMPROVEMENTS
Data usage applies. ? 2013 Verizon Wireless. 0513-G2747
? Accessibility features
? Improvements to the User Interface (UI)
? Google Map Services updated to version R5
? Updated pre-loaded applications
? Google native accessibility
-TalkBack provides spoken feedback for phone features
-Select touch delay time for physical disabilities.
-Device reads characters aloud when they are entered into password fields
-End a call by pressing the power button
? Shades feature
-Set device to 0% brightness to save power
? Easy access feature
-Easily change access settings
-Triple-tap home button to toggle between TalkBack, Invert Color, and Universal
Touch or jump directly to accessibility settings
? Universal touch feature (assistive touch)
-Easy to use touch board for general buttons or gestures
? Invert color feature
-Invert color gives viewscreen more color contrast. Tap and drag screen to adjust
? Mono audio feature
-Combine both audio channels to play in each ear

gatorboi352

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, after weeks of no free ram or storage (turns out I'm more of a power user than I originally thought) I took the plunge on an EDGE plan and the G2. What an amazing phone!

The Lucid 2 started randomly rebooting, running sluggish (it would take up to 30 seconds just to open Messages app) and displaying overall wonky behavior. No way could I have stuck it out with that thing for another 13 months under that contract.

Posted via Android Central App