Stuck in bootloop - please help!

riley1234

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I have had my LG Lucid 2 for a little less than a year. I have not rooted it and it is kept in a simple case for protection. Suddenly, it refuses to turn on. It froze in the middle of everything and restarted, but is now in a loop. At first it loaded the LG logo screen, then the Verizon logo screen, then would loop the Verizon logo screen indefinitely. Now it usually loops the LG logo screen twice, then loops the Verizon logo screen indefinitely or loads the Verizon logo screen and then does nothing. Please help me, all suggestions are welcome.

riley1234

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I did. It did not make a difference. When the battery was replaced, it continued to act the same. It has done so continuously, as well as during factory resets.

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
So when you first saw that the phone was frozen, you took out the battery?

If this is so then you caused the boot loop by removing the battery.

I have seen others on here do this and had boot loops, I think I might have done it too.

You can use the LG mobile support tool to recover your phone.
Take out your sim card and sd card and then use the tool.
This will restore the phone to new without CIQ so that's a bonus.

mal138

Jun 1, 2016
Visit site
My phone is also stuck in a boot loop. When I unlocked it, it said "Home" had stopped responding. I chose "close" and got a black screen. I held the power button to restart the phone, and when it restarted it continuously looped through the Verizon logo. I had to take the battery out to turn the phone off. (So, I did not cause the boot loop by removing the battery, it was already looping.)

Is there anything that can be done short of a factory reset? I was able to get to the reset screen by holding vol-down and power during startup, but I would prefer not to wipe my phone if at all possible. I know most photos are on my SD card, but I'm sure there are other things on the internal memory I'd like to keep.