Out of Storage

ChucktownGreg

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Need help. I am getting the message that my phone's storage is full :-\
I have removed all my email messages, all my text messages, and all my photos. When I try to send a txt message I get this:
"Phone storage is full! Delete some files to free space."

So what do I delete? I have a number of non-default apps installed (Facebook, Dropbox, Evernote, Aldiko, Chrome, Instagram, Starbuck's, Gyro, a local TV weather app, and mobile banking app, and maybe others). I have 4 Gb system memory and 4 Gb internal memory. It is the system memory that is nearly full, 1.s Gb for apps, 2.62 Gb for system data,and 137 Mb available.I have a 2 Gb SD card that is clear.

How can I remedy this situation?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Need help. I am getting the message that my phone's storage is full :-\
I have removed all my email messages, all my text messages, and all my photos. When I try to send a txt message I get this:
"Phone storage is full! Delete some files to free space."

So what do I delete? I have a number of non-default apps installed (Facebook, Dropbox, Evernote, Aldiko, Chrome, Instagram, Starbuck's, Gyro, a local TV weather app, and mobile banking app, and maybe others). I have 4 Gb system memory and 4 Gb internal memory. It is the system memory that is nearly full, 1.s Gb for apps, 2.62 Gb for system data,and 137 Mb available.I have a 2 Gb SD card that is clear.

How can I remedy this situation?

Welcome to the forums.
What version of Android do you have? You can look by going to Settings>About phone> Android version should be the 5th or 6th line down.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
1. see what's using all of your Internal Storage -->Settings-->Storage-->Click on Each (Apps, Pictures, etc.) and it will tell you. then delete what is not necessary (make sure everything is backed up via Google/Gmail and Dropbox etc.)
2. if all else fails - do a nuclear hard reset back to factory state and then manually reinstall/resync everything. make sure everything is backed up first!

good luck.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Not sure. I'm new to smartphones, so I don't know about updating. What's involved, and can I do it myself?

I was wondering for a different reason. I just found out that your device did get updated at some point in time. It originally came with Android 2.3 and you have 4.0.4.

I was thinking to suggest to reboot into recovery to clear the system cache. However, the instructions I found were rather cryptic and without any sort of pictures, may be difficult to follow if you are actually trying it, especially for the first time.

Here is the link I found for it: How to get the LG Lucid 4G to boot into recovery - LG Cell Phones Blog

If you want to know more about recovery, here you go: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...recoveries-versus-stock-there-difference.html

Any questions, feel free to ask.