Optimius is reporting the SD card is damaged - but I don't think it is

douglerner

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
My LG Optimus Bright (Android 2.3.3) is reporting the SD card is damaged.

But I can remove the card and mount it on my iMac and there are no errors and I can see the contents just fine.

Anybody know what to do in a situation like that?

Thanks,

doug

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try copying the entire contents of the SD card over to your computer, formatting the SD card, then copying the contents back to the SD card, and try reinserting it again.

douglerner

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Try copying the entire contents of the SD card over to your computer, formatting the SD card, then copying the contents back to the SD card, and try reinserting it again.

I think I'm going to have to do that. When copying over I am seeing various errors in Evernote files. But I can always delete those and resync. When formatting on the Mac with Disk Utility, is there a certain format I should use? Or will "erase all data" on the Android do a reformat?

Thanks,

doug

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I think I'm going to have to do that. When copying over I am seeing various errors in Evernote files. But I can always delete those and resync. When formatting on the Mac with Disk Utility, is there a certain format I should use? Or will "erase all data" on the Android do a reformat?

Thanks,

doug

Not having Mac experience, I can't be sure. Best I can say is to format it using FAT32. I'm not sure if erasing SD data via Android will reformat--I suspect not. Maybe someone else can chime in on this ...

douglerner

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Not having Mac experience, I can't be sure. Best I can say is to format it using FAT32. I'm not sure if erasing SD data via Android will reformat--I suspect not. Maybe someone else can chime in on this ...

Reformatting and copying the data I backed up on my Mac back fixed everything - the card and all the network issues. It quickly updated all my apps and everything is working fine now. Thanks!

doug

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Good deal! I still find it odd that apps would rely on data on a removable SD card to access the web properly, so I learned something important!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie