I have been looking for a nice case, something tough,I love the heavy otter box like they use on the iPhone...I love this phone and understand some people want to keep it super thin but I game allot on it and want a thick heavy case....all I find is a thin case,a overpriced radio shack one, and waterproof bags...I want heavy duty, thick, mabey rubber coat on metal or something...any ideas?

Sent from an Optimis Elite powered by Android via Virgin Mobile
    07-28-2012 04:15 PM
    Ok...seeing as I get no response I went to my local tool store and got a few new ball mill and carbide inserts, and machined my own case...I bought the radio shack one, copied it into t6064 aircraft alloy, then returned it...I took one plate and made oneside then did the other, and used steel tap and sets to close it up...then after fitting it properly I got some battery acid, distilled water, organic black fabric dye, and a power supply from an old computer and acid dip the case with 12 volts passing thru it, dyed and sealed the oxide layer....so hells yeah...I have the best case ever for an elite...my signal is even better now too...that's what happens when an engineer with machinery does when people don't offer the products that I want... Haha....

Sent from an Optimis Elite powered by Android via Virgin Mobile
    Mr MAN1 likes this.
    08-10-2012 01:22 AM
    Old post but i have to comment anyway, that is amazing sir! I would love a pic, and would possibly be willing to buy one of those if you would be willing to make another one

Sent from my LG-LS696 using Android Central Forums
    10-24-2012 11:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD