I installed the Sleipnir ROM and wanted to share my experience. First, I am very happy with it and would recommend it to someone looking for a ROM for their Optimus Elite. Second, it uses Giantpunes kernel. It overclocks the processor to 1.6ghrtz! Considering that The Elite
    comes out of the box at 800mghrtz, you're doubling the speed. Third, everything works like one expects it should and it is very stable. I've tried three ROMs so far and none have come close to this ROM.
    Artine likes this.
    03-14-2013 02:53 PM
    This is the first rom that I have tried, and I really like it....... Was only able to overclock to 1305 though, anything higher and the phone would reboot..... Still much faster

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Android Central Forums
    Artine likes this.
    03-20-2013 09:22 AM
    I installed the app, System Tuner. After it's installed and you give it permission. Go to the CPU area and you can increase the processor speed.
    04-08-2013 12:46 PM
    Can it download from the Android Marketplace (Google Play Store)? I have a couple of paid apps that I want to get back if I update to this ROM. Also, what version of Android is this ROM?

I tried some ROM, I can't remember which one, and I could not download anything from the Google Play Store. Also, how do I get it to display Sprint for the mobile network name? It seems everyone is obsessed with Virgin Mobile.

04-13-2013 09:37 AM
    I just tried version 238 of the sleipnir ROM, and guess what? It WON'T download anything from the Google Play Store. It wasn't faster, it wasn't newer, and it can't use the mobile network. It is useless for Sprint. BEWARE, if you have Sprint, DON'T download this ROM or you will be sorry. I thought it was just the network name (something I could either fix or get used to), but it turns out, it CAN'T use the Sprint cell towers. And Virgin Mobile bans your phone because its NOT Virgin Mobile.

Oh well. The only reason I wanted this ROM is because someone said it was Android 4.0. The only reason I want Android 4.0 is because I want Chrome (for the bookmarks).
    04-13-2013 10:24 AM
    Revert back to stock then...
    04-23-2013 04:30 AM
    Hiya! This is Artine, the author of the Sleipnir ROM. I just decided to check on Google to see if there were any reviews out there for this project, and I'm glad to hear the feedback (though this post is 6-months late). The Sprint version of Sleipnir has been reported as working fine for several months now, and the ROM is nearly complete as well. The Play Store issue was solved long ago, and I hope to read some more feedback in the future!
    10-25-2013 04:24 AM
    Aokp over clocks to 1.8gighertz and its android 4.1.2 it is stable i ran stabibility tester at 1804 mherts for 15 minuites and then i got bored
    11-04-2013 09:23 PM