It seems like they are forcing throttling on me. If I read everything correctly it is suppose to only throttle when there is heavy traffic on the network. Well I am in an area that I am sure doesn't have that as I always got up to almost 3.1Mbps all the time before I am hitting my 2.5GB limit. And it seems a little unfair when I have no other internet service available out here except outrageous expensive companies that have worse caps. If I could afford to get a 4G phone I would do that as I think they don't really have that bad of throttling on it. But this 256Kbps is just killing me it is just too slow. I can't even barely watch 3 minute videos without having to pause it up to a minute. If there is anything that anyone knows of that works it would be great. I have tried the proxy settings thing on the phone and it would seem by default it has everything 0'ed out just it has a proxy address that I guess I could change but I don't know of what to put in it to possibly get it to work properly.
    12-11-2013 09:31 PM
    Did you mean to post in a carrier forum?
    12-11-2013 10:59 PM
    I guess I did. Just didn't know where would be best. I am using virgin and I could actually get good speeds when using tor. But now it seems they somehow figured that out and I didn't tell anyone about that. So I am guessing there isn't really any sure way to get this fixed? I am just getting really upset with virgin jerking me around like they do and just have to deal with being throttled before I am even hitting the limit. Like getting the month paid for and it starts out as being throttled. It took them 3 days to a week to finally fix it and they reset the account completely. Just within a half a day it seems like it hit throttling almost instantly I am sure that I couldn't of hit the limit that fast. I just wish there was something I could do even if it was to just work with youtube I wouldn't mind all that much.
    12-12-2013 12:01 AM