just changed from 2 years of Iphone 4 to LG Optimus G pro

what I miss aren't the iOS or apps but the lil things and some cydia hacks
    sucks I can't tap topbar to goto top of a long page
    NO textexpander ugh (using KB suggestions don't count.)
    bought a podcast player. but later found out I need to buy seperate app to speed up play. ugh
    Miss using volume keys to skip/rewind 30 secs while jogging listening to my podcast
    NO activator for motion shortcuts
    no callbar hack
    not as many games (but that's not a big deal)

Don't get me wrong, I love the huge screen and the phone's power
    im happy i can trash itunes now
    my old iphone4 seems like a lil toy now
    I love how transfering files to and from is so much simpler
    I havne't gotten into checking out all the different launchers yet, but I will.
    and unlike the Iphone, don't feel a big need to root my Op G Pro yet.

My experience so far has been good, but a more "open" OS seems to be missing a few useful hacks imo

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you
    02-24-2013 10:12 PM
    What I miss most are GLOBAL Badge Notifications (those little red #'s).
    Some Apps do it for SMS, GMail & Calls but IMO that's just not enough - once you get use to them it's hard to not have 'em!

It can be a bit tricky to setup initially, but GLOBAL Badge Notifications is achievable on Android too--> http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=199709
    02-24-2013 10:18 PM
    NO textexpander ugh (using KB suggestions don't count.)
    Not sure exactly what you like about Textexpander (because I'm not familiar with it), but maybe SwiftKey might be helpful?
    02-25-2013 12:05 AM
    textexpander let me quickly use shortcuts
    I'd use it for long phrases, my emails or web addresses
    ex) I'd type accf and it'd write out the whole adress I stored 4 me
    02-25-2013 01:16 AM
    Maybe this one?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tkeyboardtrial

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    02-25-2013 01:49 AM
    thanx for the help
    Smart keyboard, SlideIt both offered similar functions i mentioned above. surprisingly, Swype didn't.
    Still testing out both to see which one to buy.

anyways, has anyone found a simple way to goto the top of the page on long docs or webpages like on the Iphone?
    how about re-program my volume keys into other functions, like to skip songs while I carry my phone in my pocket?

thank you very much.
    03-01-2013 10:30 PM
    thanx for the help
    Smart keyboard, SlideIt both offered similar functions i mentioned above. surprisingly, Swype didn't.
    Still testing out both to see which one to buy.

anyways, has anyone found a simple way to goto the top of the page on long docs or webpages like on the Iphone?
    how about re-program my volume keys into other functions, like to skip songs while I carry my phone in my pocket?

thank you very much.
    I've found the lack of UNDO to be profoundly disturbing. Also the way a keyboard will work differently in different text fields and that cutting/copying/pasting doesn't typically work. The returning to the top is surely missed as well. Some browsers allow you to use/create gestures to do this, but it should be standard. Also annoying, when I view an attachment or link, I don't want to download it to my phone. I just want it to open, especially since it usually takes two tries to download anything and I still have to open it in another program.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.
    03-02-2013 12:11 AM
    not as many games (but that's not a big deal)
    ^^This is the only reason why I still use an iPod touch. However, Android has come a loooooonnng way in offering quality gaming apps. It could still improve but I think gaming isn't generally considered to be a top priority of the Android OS like it is on iOS. Still, I much prefer gaming on a separate device anyway because I like using my phone and its battery for... well... communication and navigation purposes.
    03-05-2013 06:22 AM
    I would not compare a 2 year old iPhone model to an LG Optimus Pro. The iPhone 5 and iPad 4 gpu's smoke any android device if you are interested in gaming and the assortment of games is dramatically better.
    05-08-2013 03:09 PM