The sound of G Pro?

pachi72

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
People have been complaining about the sound output on the optimus g. How's the sound output on the G Pro?

Sent from Galaxy S 3 i747M 32gb

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I guess we will see in about 9 days when its release on AT&T, not sure if any other users who may have international units can comment here.

pachi72

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
No phone tops the One, but the Pro definitely holds its own. The sound from the Pro in my opinion is better than what the N2 outputs.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk 2

The Pro has weak speakers. They sound lower than my Gs3. And not good sound either.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

roallen78

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm curious about the same thing (regarding the sound of the Optimus G Pro). But I'm more curious about the volume output/loudness through the headset port and earpiece - does anyone have any complaints regarding the volume output?

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I will give it a go tonight and make a call using a wired headset. Since I wear dual hearing aids I actually don't use wired headsets I use a BT Moto H730, I have to put the hearing aids in the case to use any headphones which is a good test for this since the volume would appear lower than normal for me. I can say though I went into settings and turned on the hearing aid compatibility function and the volume was crazy loud, I actually had to turn it off and the normal level is fine for me.

nelonez

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm curious about the same thing (regarding the sound of the Optimus G Pro). But I'm more curious about the volume output/loudness through the headset port and earpiece - does anyone have any complaints regarding the volume output?

It sounds really good with my skullcandy headphones.... plus there's an option for Dolby Audio too... sounds even better with that....

Sent from my LG-E980 using Android Central Forums

anon(829886)

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
One of the few true cons of the G Pro is the back speaker. Compared to my iPhone 5 it was lifeless and not enjoyable even at its highest volume.

As for performance with headphones attached, this wasn't an issue with music but with podcasts it was in my experience. Full volume with podcasts was roughly what I'd get at 75% with my iPhone 5.

I pray that more OEM's become inspired by the HTC One's front speakers.

funkeruski

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Couldn't agree more on the speaker placement issue. It makes it hard to hear the phone ringing. Just wondering why they could not put it on the front, just to the left of the LG logo.

pachi72

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
One of the few true cons of the G Pro is the back speaker. Compared to my iPhone 5 it was lifeless and not enjoyable even at its highest volume.

As for performance with headphones attached, this wasn't an issue with music but with podcasts it was in my experience. Full volume with podcasts was roughly what I'd get at 75% with my iPhone 5.

I pray that more OEM's become inspired by the HTC One's front speakers.

The galaxy s 4 speakers are loud

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I do like the FFS on the HTC One, not sure if others will go that route and if they do well the chorus of haters will simply scream copycat or some such thing. Their speakers so who cares but it would be nice. Samsung won't go this route they seem deeply rooted in the home button design so unless they are willing to start a total redesign plan in the next year or two it won't happen with them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1aas