I just ordered mine today. Maybe AT&T will ship a little early! I'm a long time iPhone user, but I did try Android about 3 years ago. I had a Droid X with 2.2 Froyo on Verizon. I didn't like it, so I went back to using an iPhone. Seems like things have greatly improved since Ice Cream Sandwich. Anxious to find out!

Anyways, my question - What kind of microSD card should I use? I looked on LG's website and there isn't much listed in the specs about the card. I want either 32 or 64GB, but should it be SDHC or SDXC? How about Class 2, 4, 6 or 10? I'll be using it mostly for music, videos/movies, and pictures. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks!
    05-03-2013 10:37 PM
    I just ordered mine today. Maybe AT&T will ship a little early! I'm a long time iPhone user, but I did try Android about 3 years ago. I had a Droid X with 2.2 Froyo on Verizon. I didn't like it, so I went back to using an iPhone. Seems like things have greatly improved since Ice Cream Sandwich. Anxious to find out!

Anyways, my question - What kind of microSD card should I use? I looked on LG's website and there isn't much listed in the specs about the card. I want either 32 or 64GB, but should it be SDHC or SDXC? How about Class 2, 4, 6 or 10? I'll be using it mostly for music, videos/movies, and pictures. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks!
    My understanding was that even current smartphones best utilized class 4 cards. And an extra 32 GB would probably be best. If you want to hear it straight from the horse's mouth, contact LG. I held the Optimus G the other day....wow seems like a great device. Hope you like it.
    05-03-2013 11:40 PM
    The price difference between Class 4 and Class 10 is negligible if anything at all. I would suggest getting Class 10 so you have faster read/write speeds especially when doing video at 60fps. Also I have read elsewhere and would suggest it as well avoid SanDisk memory if you can. I just ordered a new 64GB Class 10 Samsung memory microSD for my OG Pro and I got it for $67.99. I have been experiencing a lot of issues with SanDisk memory getting corrupted for no reason. Everything from thumb drives to microSD HC cards. Just not going to use them anymore.
    05-04-2013 02:58 PM
    05-05-2013 09:24 AM
    Thanks for the replies. I bought the Transcend card from Amazon for $23. The phone is supposed to ship on the 7th. Anxious to get it. Although I don't like reading the negative remarks on CNET about the battery life. Hopefully that's not true.
    05-06-2013 03:14 AM
    Although I don't like reading the negative remarks on CNET about the battery life. Hopefully that's not true.
    Link please.
    05-06-2013 06:30 AM
    CNET updated or added a new review here LG Optimus G Pro Review - Watch CNET's Video Review and while they did comment on the battery draining quicker than the international version there could be a lot of factors, namely AT&T and how it's towers could have affected performance. Below is the last two paragraphs of their review. I have always found that battery life never exactly matches what the mfg states because so many factors are in play int he real world and your individual mileage may vary. The bottom line is I plan to order a second battery and charger . . . that is ONCE LG puts it up on their site for ordering. AT&T does not have those accessories available which to me is stupid.

"Although we have yet to perform our battery drain test, anecdotally, the 3,140mAh battery would drain quite quickly. The battery would be full up to 40 percent, but after spending about 15 or 20 minutes using the camera, surfing the Web, or playing a few games, I'd already be in the red. While the global version showed respectable times for its battery, this G Pro has 4G LTE turned on and would need multiple charges throughout the day. According to the FCC, the handset has a digital SAR rating of 0.64W/kg.

Conclusion
    When I first reviewed the unlocked G Pro back in March, I questioned its potential to compete against the Note because of its lack of a stylus. While I still think that a stylus would be a useful addition to a phone this big, I'm not going to make as big of a deal about it as I did then. Why? Simply because the G Pro is $199.99.

That makes it the same price as the first Note, and $100 less than the $299.99 Note 2. For $100, I'll gladly forsake the use of an S Pen. Especially since it's still a great performer, has the same size screen, and comparable specs.

If you're curious about what Samsung has in store, there's no harm in waiting. But fall is a long ways off, and if you want a supersize, ultrafast phone now and to save some extra cash while you're at it, the Optimus G Pro won't let you down."
    05-06-2013 07:06 AM
    Thanks. I can't spend money on old tech and I'm just not a fan of Amoled screens. So the pro is just what I've been waiting for.
    And after being on Windows Phone for 2 years I've become some what of a minimalist when it comes to widgets and screens (I only use 2 screens now).
    My hope is the note will get me down to 1 screen.

I'm looking for exactly what the pro provides.
    05-06-2013 08:25 AM
    CNET updated or added a new review here LG Optimus G Pro Review - Watch CNET's Video Review and while they did comment on the battery draining quicker than the international version there could be a lot of factors, namely AT&T and how it's towers could have affected performance. Below is the last two paragraphs of their review. I have always found that battery life never exactly matches what the mfg states because so many factors are in play int he real world and your individual mileage may vary. The bottom line is I plan to order a second battery and charger . . . that is ONCE LG puts it up on their site for ordering. AT&T does not have those accessories available which to me is stupid.

"Although we have yet to perform our battery drain test, anecdotally, the 3,140mAh battery would drain quite quickly. The battery would be full up to 40 percent, but after spending about 15 or 20 minutes using the camera, surfing the Web, or playing a few games, I'd already be in the red. While the global version showed respectable times for its battery, this G Pro has 4G LTE turned on and would need multiple charges throughout the day. According to the FCC, the handset has a digital SAR rating of 0.64W/kg.

Conclusion
    When I first reviewed the unlocked G Pro back in March, I questioned its potential to compete against the Note because of its lack of a stylus. While I still think that a stylus would be a useful addition to a phone this big, I'm not going to make as big of a deal about it as I did then. Why? Simply because the G Pro is $199.99.

That makes it the same price as the first Note, and $100 less than the $299.99 Note 2. For $100, I'll gladly forsake the use of an S Pen. Especially since it's still a great performer, has the same size screen, and comparable specs.

If you're curious about what Samsung has in store, there's no harm in waiting. But fall is a long ways off, and if you want a supersize, ultrafast phone now and to save some extra cash while you're at it, the Optimus G Pro won't let you down."
    Wouldn't worry too much just yet. Lynn La is a really mediocre journalist. Plus her battery test here is a joke. Why not fully charge the device first? Or maybe let it drain a few times before testing it. And games always eat up battery life.

I wouldn't worry about battery life until you either get the unit or have a chance to read a dozen professional reviews.
    Raptor007 likes this.
    05-06-2013 09:52 AM
    I wasn't too familiar with her as a "journalist", thank you for the insight. If someone I have heard a bit more about came out trashing it and that reviewer was unbiased (is there really such a thing in the world of reviewers) then I would think more about it.

Still a 3140mAh battery is pretty good and I managed to do pretty well with my GN2 when I had it so I don't think I will be too bothered by it. Besides at work I just use WiFi to get my emails and surf anyways.
    05-06-2013 10:54 AM