Any chance this thing will ever have an unlockable bootloader? Naturally since it will be on At&t I am assuming the bootloader will be locked initially.
    05-05-2013 01:38 AM
    I expect it to be locked out of the box, but I do suspect it should be unlockable. I know it is in S.Korea, I found links on how to do it in english, but one of the links takes you to the LG Korea page so even with Google translation its not fully translated. I do suspect it will be though since the LG Optimus G was on AT&T.
    05-05-2013 06:02 PM
    Hopefully someone smarter than me will figure it out.
    05-06-2013 01:10 AM
    And me, I have no clue how to actually root a phone, although I would be happy to support any developer who can or is wiling to do it.
    05-06-2013 08:06 AM
    Any word on this yet? The phone comes out tomorrow..

Kinda worried because I haven't seen a forum for this phone on XDA

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    05-09-2013 08:04 AM
    I emailed the Moderator of the Optimus G forum and he forwarded my comments on about a forums for the OG Pro, I have not heard anything from them and certainly hope they will and some developer support will come along. If not the bootloader at least rooting.
    snookasnoo likes this.
    05-10-2013 06:56 PM
    I emailed the Moderator of the Optimus G forum and he forwarded my comments on about a forums for the OG Pro, I have not heard anything from them and certainly hope they will and some developer support will come along. If not the bootloader at least rooting.
    What forum? XDA?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    05-11-2013 02:38 PM
    Correct XDA-Developers. I also contacted the developer of Project FreeGee on the Google Play store. I did ask him about the bootloader and if he could add support or find a way as he did on the Optimus G. Here is what he had to say.

"Unfortunately the exploit we used on the optimus g will not work on any other device. The "exploit" was we just swapped in the nexus 4 bootloader since they were compatible. This summer I plan to look into other lge qcom devices and tz method of unlock similar to what was recently done on Motorola devices. However I can't promise anything, nor do I want to get your hopes up. The direct answer to your question is no, but there is a small chance of "eventually". So don't buy the phone thinking it'll be unlockable, because that might never happen. However if you do still order the phone and get it, after you root it, if you want to email me back I can have to dump some of the partitions for me."

So once root is accomplished and someone can send him the info he needs he was at least willing to give it a go. That's more than we are seeing from others.
    05-11-2013 05:00 PM
    Root would be nice.
    05-11-2013 07:49 PM
    Almost a deal breaker for me not to have root.

Root would be nice.
    05-11-2013 09:20 PM
    Root is possible using the same instructions and files as the Optimus G. I rooted mine last night without any issues, was able to use Titanium to restore my apps and data as well as running AdAway.
    Raptor007 and ratchetjaw#AC like this.
    05-11-2013 11:34 PM
    Awesome news.
    05-12-2013 10:15 AM
    hi
    can you post link to the original forums and posts where the boot unlocking is going on ?
    thanks
    05-14-2013 07:15 AM
    No bootloader unlocking yet that I know of, could be out there. I was referring to MeeGee app on Google Play, he was willing to look at it if he could get a system dump (not sure who to do that) and would be willing to get rolling.

Since CM10.1 is available for the Optimus G E975 I was hoping or perhaps a bit optimistic that it would come along for the OG Pro but not sure that will happen.
    05-14-2013 01:31 PM
    i was going to buy this but with no sub forums on xda, no roms or unlocked bootloader ill pass. plus lg isn't the best at updating their devices.
    05-15-2013 08:46 PM
    I can understand, but it does take time for things to happen. I have some hope that a bootloader method can be found, as for XDA sub forums its possible it will happen, from what I read they need a Moderator there to handle it. Not sure what the rules are on being a mod there I have done it on other forums before and would gladly help if it would get a section going.
    05-15-2013 09:36 PM
    I can understand, but it does take time for things to happen. I have some hope that a bootloader method can be found, as for XDA sub forums its possible it will happen, from what I read they need a Moderator there to handle it. Not sure what the rules are on being a mod there I have done it on other forums before and would gladly help if it would get a section going.
    im not sure development will be too great. just look how bad it is for the galaxy note 8.0.
    05-15-2013 09:43 PM
    It is tough when the phone you like isn't getting Developer love we want. Still with root I can at least do some of what I need and use apps that require root access and block ads, etc. So long as LG puts out 4.2.2 I would be happy with this phone for a year or so. Seems solid, did get the flip cover case and its going right back. Flip cover cases are just not an effective or useful case and get in the way. I have a couple of TPU cases on the way, paid like $7 for them so I will have something tomorrow evening to protect it until a better case comes along.
    05-15-2013 09:47 PM
    i went to at&t and played with it today. the phone is nice but the LG UI really sucks. it lagged for me to, not as bad as the s4 did. i installed apex and it did help but im not sure its worth $199. i think dev support will be almost non exsistant with a locked bootloader. im still on the fence on how i will use my upgrade.

its funny because my htc one has no lag at all, just a bit to small for me.
    05-16-2013 02:19 PM
    I have to disagree. I purchased both phones and I found the HTC One had more lag than the LG G Pro. The LG G Pro's UI is actually good once you start getting accustomed to it, but like you I also use Apex launcher and prefer that to all other UI's. I don't care if they ever come out with an unlocked bootloader since rootiing is enough for me and I NEVER saw a significant benefit using custom ROMs. I have customs ROMs on my Galaxy Note and HTC One and I wouldn't have cared to use one if there wasn't one available as long as I can root it. Just my opinion.
    05-16-2013 02:35 PM
    I have to disagree. I purchased both phones and I found the HTC One had more lag than the LG G Pro. The LG G Pro's UI is actually good once you start getting accustomed to it, but like you I also use Apex launcher and prefer that to all other UI's. I don't care if they ever come out with an unlocked bootloader since rootiing is enough for me and I NEVER saw a significant benefit using custom ROMs. I have customs ROMs on my Galaxy Note and HTC One and I wouldn't have cared to use one if there wasn't one available as long as I can root it. Just my opinion.
    not arguing but my htc one never lagged once, even on a stock non rooted rom.
    05-16-2013 03:03 PM
    If HTC would move into the phablet market they could get my attention the HTC One is a nice phone but I need the 5.5" screen for my daily work needs and hey why not its more fun.
    05-16-2013 05:02 PM
    If the bootloader isnt unlocked by next week i may return mine and get a s4 32gb. At least that will have a unlocked bootloader soon.
    05-20-2013 07:25 PM
    plz help me to unlock lg su 760's bootloader.
    i cant find anything about this phone.
    will u help me plz
    07-22-2013 01:17 PM
    Bootloader unlocked with Loki. Freegee on play store will do it for you. Make sure you use 1.1.0 version. It's easy and you are good to go..
    07-24-2013 04:02 PM