Post Your G Pro Questions Here.

anon(829886)

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
Figured I'd start a thread where we can all ask each other questions.

I can't connect to my wi-fi in my bedroom. Well it's connected but it shows arrow icons going up then down then both. Pages will not load.

I can't get sounds to shutoff on my keyboard unless I have it on vibrate or silent.

Logged my Gmail account into Google Play to download apps. Everybody that I've emailed before on that account is now in my phone contacts. I did not want that to happen. All my Picasa photos are in y gallery. Also didn't want that.

Any help on setting up visual voicemail is appreciated.

Also it appears AT&T has destroyed the default browser. I realize the toolbar can be disabled but I don't see the useful lower navigation buttons anywhere that can be found on the default browser of the Korean G Pro. Also is there really no way to tap the top to access the URL bar? I have to scroll up each time?

Last edited:

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
"
Also it appears AT&T has destroyed the default browser. I realize the toolbar can be disabled but I don't see the useful lower navigation buttons anywhere that can be found on the default browser of the Korean G Pro. Also is there really no way to tap the top to access the URL bar? I have to scroll up each time? "

No all you have to do is draw down slow in the window and the url bar will come back. navigation buttons...the only one is the back capacitive button will take you to the previous page. To go forward just click the link again. That's about all we have in the default browser.

Oops almost forgot. We do have the Google Experimental tools under menu, Labs. Quick Controls. There are forward and backward buttons in it and quick button to URL bar.

anon(829886)

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
"
Also it appears AT&T has destroyed the default browser. I realize the toolbar can be disabled but I don't see the useful lower navigation buttons anywhere that can be found on the default browser of the Korean G Pro. Also is there really no way to tap the top to access the URL bar? I have to scroll up each time? "

No all you have to do is draw down slow in the window and the url bar will come back. navigation buttons...the only one is the back capacitive button will take you to the previous page. To go forward just click the link again. That's about all we have in the default browser.

Oops almost forgot. We do have the Google Experimental tools under menu, Labs. Quick Controls. There are forward and backward buttons in it and quick button to URL bar.

I forgot to thank you in the other thread for how to disable sounds entirely with the keyboard. Not sure I would have found it otherwise.

Figured out Google Now. (Hold home button, tap G key.)

I think I solved my browser issues. I'm using the 'Habit' browser. It's excellent. It has a plethora of options plus dedicated back/forward keys on the bottom and a bookmarks icon. It also allows for the URL bar to stay on at all times. This is actually really important to me. I just now realize this is how iOS does it. This way I can always access it by reaching my thumb to the top at any time.

Still disturbed by the fact that all my email contacts showed up in my Phone and Contacts app by default after logging into the Google Play Store. Is there anyway to prevent this from happening in the future?

The icons I mentioned previously while downloading apps that appear in the menu bar also show up in the notification shade. It's very easy to get rid of them but I find it odd that it happens regardless. Any chance this can be avoided?

The GPS icon is flashing (almost) always. Is there any way to disable this?

I'm also looking for a Mail app that has a page that lists all my Gmail accounts. The Mail app on iOS does this. The Gmail app forces you to tap a tab and then either use one unified box for all your accounts or select each individual account. I'm looking a mail app that allows for a page with all the mail accounts listed on one page.

Lastly, I read a review that said you can alter the Settings menu to appear in one tab instead of four. Does anyone know if this is true and how to do it? I'd be curious to try. Settings menu is just overwhelming at times.

Last edited:

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
for one tab menu. go into settings, hit the menu button, select switch to list view.
really so many reviews complained about the tab view...Sammy does the same thing and its easy to disable if its not wanted.

also in tab view yon can swipe to switch tabs. no clicking needed.

anon(829886)

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
for one tab menu. go into settings, hit the menu button, select switch to list view.
really so many reviews complained about the tab view...Sammy does the same thing and its easy to disable if its not wanted.

also in tab view yon can swipe to switch tabs. no clicking needed.

Thanks for this. I'm going to try it to see if it's easier. I think this is one of the hangups with Android. You need to keep in mind about the Menu button with respect to altering Settings. I see where others are confused. In iOS it's all in front of you within the app.

frope01

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Loving my G Pro but having a keyboard issue. A few weeks after I got it my keyboard changed. Path was disabled, and the dedicated number row across the top disappeared. I didn't think much of it. I got the keyboard I was used to from my Galaxy, Swiftkey 3. Broke my screen and replaced it with a new G Pro. My path worked and my number row was back. A couple weeks later the same thing happened. Any suggestions?

Update * Somehow the problem just went away. Puzzled.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

Rooted Droid

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Greetings,

I need some help that I can't seem to figure out. I would really appreciate anyone's help! I have a LG Optimus G Pro and it's rooted. Everything works except one thing, the default browser. It works and all but downloading is the only issue. When I go to any web address and there is a download link, it always tries to open it for example an .mp4 file. I never gives the option to download it. Now I did some troubleshooting and I installed Boat Browser and when using that and going to the same webpage to download the same .mp4 file, it gives the option to Open-Save-Cancel which is correct and this is how my previous HTC default browser worked. I have tried adding download managers, but they don't interact and switch screens etc or they are their own browser. I really want the default browser to work like it should.

Android Version: 4.1.2
Software Version: E98010k
Kernal: 3.4.0
Build Number: JZO54K

How can this be corrected?

Thank you in advance!!

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I just got the this phone and also have the Note 3. I'm really surprised at how fast and fluid this phone feels. Its so buttery smooth. I think it's even a little quicker than my Note 3...which I don't want to admit.

from my Optimus G Pro

frope01

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I just got the this phone and also have the Note 3. I'm really surprised at how fast and fluid this phone feels. Its so buttery smooth. I think it's even a little quicker than my Note 3...which I don't want to admit.

from my Optimus G Pro

I got the G Pro initially as a temporary large 1080 phone while I awaited the Note 3. I began to like the phone so much I'm no longer interested in getting the Note. The Note is great, but so is the G Pro.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

frope01

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
The call quality is very good and yes, loud enough to hear in loud places. I rarely talk using the earpiece though. Bluetooth connectivity is strong and solid with all my devices. Including car, Bose soundlink, LG 730, and the Rocketfish adapter.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

Juan Castro4

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I have a question. Does any one have the problem that when they are listening to something and a call comes in they loose sound after. I have this problem that I hang up the phone and try to go back to listen to music I here no sound.

guitarboy0211

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
Hello, can anyone help me to uninstall or remove the 2nd-init recovery that I installed from the freegee app? Its wrecked my phone and I cannot mount my sd card any longer and the phone's functions are a bit distorted now.

AshChRae

May 16, 2015
Visit site
My data isn't working on my unlocked optimus g pro, says "device isn't registered" so how do i register it?

Posted via the Android Central App

spillitnkillit

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
I searched through the forums but couldn't find this problem addressed. Whenever somebody posts a video on twitter, they don't play properly for me. They are grayed out and the videos are jigsawed and jumbled. Im on android 4.4.2 on an LG Optimus G Pro. Any ideas?

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay