Questions about the LG Optimus G Pro? Ask Android Central!

bigjim71

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
If I/O doesn't bring anything interesting, I will be getting GPro or the developer One. I am concerned how I would like the button layout on the One. Which button layout do you prefer and do you find the buttons on One annoying?

I dont find them annoying just like anything else, when you're used to one thing anything else takes ab it of getting used to thats all

Erik Vegas

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Looks like an amazing phone but I am not clear about compatible frequencies/LTE, would I buy the international version or the AT&T Optimus G Pro version if I want to unlock it and run it on +T-Mobile's network? Does anybody know, will it even work with Tmobile's LTE if so? Thanks guys.

roaddawg24

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
What accessories are out for the OGPro so far? Ive only seen the factory flip cover.I sure hope they better with accessories than they did with the Optimus G.

roaddawg24

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
I saw a video review earlier today that said the international version would work on T Mobile,but I dont know about they're lte,I dont see why not.

bigjim71

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
What accessories are out for the OGPro so far? Ive only seen the factory flip cover.I sure hope they better with accessories than they did with the Optimus G.

So far it's not looking very promising. I guess all the case manufacturers feel that lg is not a big player anymore like the other 3

tcm1969

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
What can you talk me about the shutter speed of the camera? Is it quick enough to get good action shots with burst mode as well as good sharp stills?
I want it to be at least as good as my One X (samples below). Otherwise I think I love it!!
uploadfromtaptalk1368325745595.jpguploadfromtaptalk1368325761603.jpguploadfromtaptalk1368325790041.jpguploadfromtaptalk1368325806542.jpguploadfromtaptalk1368325880241.jpguploadfromtaptalk1368325900428.jpg

From my HTC One X running ViperXL 3.2

anon(415336)

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Is there anything on the camera (yet) that's like the Drama mode on the s4? I know it's mostly gimmicky but there are certain instances where I'd use it. Not a deal breaker, but I am interested in the gpro, but sadly I don't have the $$ to own both that and the s4 (and the ONE). I heard the camera takes "soft" stills outdoors...how is the camera?
Also, can somebody post what getting texts looks like on the lockscreen?

Anndrew Vacca

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
If I/O doesn't bring anything interesting, I will be getting GPro or the developer One. I am concerned how I would like the button layout on the One. Which button layout do you prefer and do you find the buttons on One annoying?

Being right handed I found the back button on the left side of the home button to be a bit of an adjustment, but I've since adapted. The same can be said for the One-- just something to get used to.

Posted via Android Central App

Anndrew Vacca

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site

Haven't seen any yet but the flip cover is fantastic-- I love the automatic on and off and it looks great to boot.

Anndrew Vacca

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
What can you talk me about the shutter speed of the camera? Is it quick enough to get good action shots with burst mode as well as good sharp stills?
I want it to be at least as good as my One X (samples below). Otherwise I think I love it!!
View attachment 67800View attachment 67801View attachment 67802View attachment 67803View attachment 67804View attachment 67806

From my HTC One X running ViperXL 3.2

I can't lie-- as great as the G Pro's camera is, it cannot stand up next to HTC optics . The. Pro has a lightening fast shutter and burst mode is fantastic, and it's capable of producing truly stellar images. But if you're a fan of the One X you'll definitely want to take the One for a spin before you make up your mind.

Anndrew Vacca

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Is there anything on the camera (yet) that's like the Drama mode on the s4? I know it's mostly gimmicky but there are certain instances where I'd use it. Not a deal breaker, but I am interested in the gpro, but sadly I don't have the $$ to own both that and the s4 (and the ONE). I heard the camera takes "soft" stills outdoors...how is the camera?
Also, can somebody post what getting texts looks like on the lockscreen?

You'll definitely want to check it out. I never noticed soft photos and rarely found a situation in which the Pro was unable to produce great results. It lacks some of the bells and whistles of its competitors (including a Drama Mode equivalent) but it makes up for it in quality.

jwyche007

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm seriously thinking about selling my nexus ⁴ and getting this straight cash from AT&T. I mean $549 is a SICK price for this ridiculous hardware but my question is will AT&T unlock the phone if I do this so I can put it on T-Mobile?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers