Questions about the LG Optimus G Pro? Ask Android Central!

ajw79097

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
Quick question! I have been having trouble taking a screenshot via normal routes (power button/volume down OR pwr button/home button). After I updated to 4.4.2 is when it all started. I even downloaded a screenshot app, but that didn't work either. Can I change the way I take a screenshot or do any of y'all have a suggestion? Thanks!

fjord

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
I love my optimus g but there is one thing i can't figure out. How can i turn off email notifications? I actually like the email syncing but I have to have my phone on constant silence with no vibration otherwise it rongs or shakes every 10~30 minutes because a notification of new emails pops up.

Really, i just want that notification to go away permanently and no youtube video or other forum has been able to help. Please help.

fjord

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
For clarification, under both the email and notifications settings i already have notifications turned off. I don't have a gmail app installed, just the email client native to the phone.

hawkwind212

May 19, 2013
Visit site
For clarification, under both the email and notifications settings i already have notifications turned off. I don't have a gmail app installed, just the email client native to the phone.

Go into the setting section of your email app. Look for an option that has the word notification in it, when you find it, uncheck the option, and restart the app. That's about as simple of method as I can tell you since i don't know what stock phone app you're using. If it gets more complicate than that, post another message and I will try to help.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

George44

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I have a new LG Optimus G Pro that I am quite pleased with except for one little minor problem. When I get a phone call, the correct screen comes up and tells me to swipe the green button which I do, but it will not answer the call. I tap the green button and it ignores that also. This screen has three options as you are probably aware. Any suggestions regarding settings or something else that might be wrong. Everything else works perfectly. I receive and send text; receive and send email; and search the internet without problems. My carrier is ATT. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Brad Steele

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
I have a new LG Optimus G Pro that I am quite pleased with except for one little minor problem. When I get a phone call, the correct screen comes up and tells me to swipe the green button which I do, but it will not answer the call. I tap the green button and it ignores that also. This screen has three options as you are probably aware. Any suggestions regarding settings or something else that might be wrong. Everything else works perfectly. I receive and send text; receive and send email; and search the internet without problems. My carrier is ATT. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Try swiping diagonally (starting with finger on green circle) towards the top right corner of the screen.

Lg0Gpro_2_AC

guitarboy0211

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
Hey, can anyone help me to uninstall or remove the 2nd-init recovery that I installed from the freegee app? Its wrecked my phone and I cannot mount my sd card any longer and the phone's functions are a bit distorted now.

hawkwind212

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Hey, can anyone help me to uninstall or remove the 2nd-init recovery that I installed from the freegee app? Its wrecked my phone and I cannot mount my sd card any longer and the phone's functions are a bit distorted now.
What did you do with freegee exactly? I don't understand what you mean by the 2nd-init recovery you installed.

Using LG-E980 with Tapatalk

guitarboy0211

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
What did you do with freegee exactly? I don't understand what you mean by the 2nd-init recovery you installed.

Using LG-E980 with Tapatalk

Heyy! Sorry for the late reply. I was out of town. Anyway, the thing is, I downloaded freegee and it showed my aboot is not supported but nonetheless I went ahead with the installation and went with Cwm recovery. Since then it has installed or idk placed a file named '2nd-init' in my system. Since then my phone is no longer able to mount my sd card. It shows inserted but does not mount. Its not an sd card prob because that same one works with other phones. Any idea or help?

Sabrina N Michael

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
My LG e980 screen always goes black while making phone calls making it impossible to end call put on speaker or us the touch tone key pad how do I fix this

Posted via the Android Central App

hawkwind212

May 19, 2013
Visit site
My LG e980 screen always goes black while making phone calls making it impossible to end call put on speaker or us the touch tone key pad how do I fix this

Posted via the Android Central App
You need to provide more spec info for your e980. I.E. what kind of ROM you're running, stock or custom? Which version(kk or lp), and which dev(cm, bliss, etc...)