Questions about the LG Optimus G Pro? Ask Android Central!

Anndrew Vacca

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I just wrapped up a full review of the AT&T-branded LG Optimus G Pro, and during my time with the device it has become my go-to daily driver. I'll be spending a few more days carrying the G Pro, and during that time I'll be answering any questions you have about it-- AT&T customers have big decisions to make this year, so let's get to the bottom of which flagship is worth your two-year commitment. Fire away!

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
Really thinking about adding this to my lineup. Have the HTC One and Gs4. Any big improvement over these other than larger screen. I know I don't need it but sure thinking about it lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Anndrew Vacca

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I've used the Galaxy S 4 extensively and would easily recommend the Optimus G Pro over it, both for superior performance and a better screen.

The HTC One is currently the Android device to beat, and I really love Sense, so head to head it really comes down the size of the displays.

Posted via Android Central App

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
I've used the Galaxy S 4 extensively and would easily recommend the Optimus G Pro over it, both for superior performance and a better screen.

The HTC One is currently the Android device to beat, and I really love Sense, so head to head it really comes down the size of the displays.

Thanks for the input. Guess I will try it out. I really started to get it over the s4 yesterday but someone had put it in Korean so couldn't play with it much. I am happy with the HTC One and S4 but still gonna pick one of these up if they have it still. Thanks again

ztmike

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

How is the G Pro better in performance than the S4 when their tech specs are the same? Unless they are running different GPUs ..but most current high tech smartphones are running the Adreno 320 GPU with the Snapdragon 600 CPU..the S4 and G Pro are at the same clock speed for CPU, with only the HTC One being clocked a bit higher.

So if anything I would expect the S4 to be a tiny tad faster than the G Pro due to the smaller screen than the G Pro.

But my question is how does the home button feel to touch? I hear its sorta pain due to its size and how high it sits up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
How is the G Pro better in performance than the S4 when their tech specs are the same? Unless they are running different GPUs ..but most current high tech smartphones are running the Adreno 320 CPU with the Snapdragon 600 CPU..the S4 and G Pro are at the same clock speed for CPU, with only the HTC One being clocked a bit higher.

So if anything I would expect the S4 to be a tiny tad faster than the G Pro due to the smaller screen than the G Pro.

But my question is how does the home button feel to touch? I hear its sorta pain due to its size and how high it sits up.

Probably cause Touchwiz. I like my Gs4 but it truly is stuttery at times. I know just an update or two away. Optimus G Pro charging now :)

Anndrew Vacca

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
How is the G Pro better in performance than the S4 when their tech specs are the same? Unless they are running different GPUs ..but most current high tech smartphones are running the Adreno 320 CPU with the Snapdragon 600 CPU..the S4 and G Pro are at the same clock speed for CPU, with only the HTC One being clocked a bit higher.

Optimus UI feels smoother and more refined here than Touch Wiz does on the S4.

The G Pro's home button has a satisfying click, and it's LED notification capabilites are very cool. It can also be used to launch Smart Remote from the lock screen.

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
Optimus UI feels smoother and more refined here than Touch Wiz does on the S4.

The G Pro's home button has a satisfying click, and it's LED notification capabilites are very cool. It can also be used to launch Smart Remote from the lock screen.

Noticed the screen isn't quite as bright but loving the display otherwise. Still seeing things up.

Brad Adams

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Just wanted to clarify so no one gets confused .... The HTC One and the Optimus G Pro are clocked the same at 1.7 while the Galaxy S4 is clocked a bit faster at 1.9. Also the Samsung is running the newest android version while the other two are running an older version of Jellybean. There is a noticeable lag in the S4 in several areas of the phone. Usually shutting down some of the new features will help with this issue. The HTC runs like butter. Fastest I've ever used by far... Can't comment on the Optimus G Pro as I have no tried it yet. Though many reviews say it's fastest yet.

bigjim71

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to clarify so no one gets confused .... The HTC One and the Optimus G Pro are clocked the same at 1.7 while the Galaxy S4 is clocked a bit faster at 1.9. Also the Samsung is running the newest android version while the other two are running an older version of Jellybean. There is a noticeable lag in the S4 in several areas of the phone. Usually shutting down some of the new features will help with this issue. The HTC runs like butter. Fastest I've ever used by far... Can't comment on the Optimus G Pro as I have no tried it yet. Though many reviews say it's fastest yet.

I find that it is just as smooth and fast as my one is

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I own the Optimus G and it's a phenomenal device I can only imagine the performance of the G PRO.

+Android Central I'd like to know how this device does against the S4 & The One. We all know that it outperformed the Note 2 in benchmark test plus other areas like quick zippy lag free touch response. :)

I'd like to see a video comparison both benchmarks and performance showing just how all device compare. Cosmetics would also be a practical addition.:D

Thanks. :cool:

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
If I/O doesn't bring anything interesting, I will be getting GPro or the developer One. I am concerned how I would like the button layout on the One. Which button layout do you prefer and do you find the buttons on One annoying?

05GT

May 15, 2011
Visit site
One thing that killed it for me on the Opt. G Pro..the back speaker is horrible..it sounds low and bad quality..

I'd have to disagree on this point. I believe the Optimus G Pro speaker outperforms the S4. I have them both side by side at the moment and the Pro definitely sounds a bit better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech