How to "root" your Optimus G Pro AT&T

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: How to "root" your Optimus G Pro AT&T

I am re-replying to this thread again because, I don't think that I replied in a coherent and understandable way. So, basically I downloaded the drivers, I already had the 7zip program so I just upgraded it to the current version, and I also downloaded the root exploit. Alright as I was following along to the directions, when I reached step 7 and I looked for the currentroot.bat download I found it. But it didn't appear the way it did in the video. It simply showed CurrentRoot. Which I found to be strange, however when I took a quick look at it's properties it then showed CurrentRoot.bat. Well when I clicked on the CurrentRoot file it did not open up the command box like in the video. It told me that "this application may depend on other compressed files in this folder" And "If this application to run smoothly it is recommended that you extract all files" So, from that point on it seem to be the only problem that I was having. I really loath bloatware and I have been trying my hardest to figure this little situation out. So if someone is willing to reply to this message I would be very thank full :)
Have a nice night.

You have to get the files out of the compressed archive file they are in. If you right-click on the archive file you downloaded, is there an option to extract? If so, do that and you should have a new folder that has all the files you need

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

dmw123

May 31, 2013
Visit site

Ok I did what you told me, and when the file that came up was empty....nothing in it what so ever.

dmw123

May 31, 2013
Visit site

Ok so I managed to finally get the currentroot.bat to work. But now when I plug my phone in (and I did follow the prompts) in the video as soon as he plaugs in the phone those prompts begin to pop up...on mine it didnt do that. It just stayed the same.

dmw123

May 31, 2013
Visit site

Ok so I am re, re replying to this again..hoping that it will work, so basically when I look at the Currentroot.bat prompt Ive noticed that it says 'adb' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable batch program or batch file. Does that have something to do with it?
Please replay back to this.

quachthi

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site

option #4 has been removed, please help .....where can i get that rooting files? thanks

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site

By the way this is the only way to get Tethering working if you move to Tmobile.
Stupid database setting.

Bruce Lindberg

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site

I followed the directions in the video and I get the message "Can't Find abd.exe" multiple times and then it closes the window. I have tried to open command prompt from the downloaded directory so that when I open currentroot.bat I will be in the same folder that the abd.exe app is located it. The app opens but it sits there waiting for me to connect my phone. I need some help with this one please.

BTW it does say that my phone is rooted after the string of can't find abd.exe appears.

Bruce

chcub1

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site

can i root but keep stock recovery? because with a diffrent phone when i put TWRP recovery i couldnt update the phone.

Brandon Housenick

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site

4. Download and extract (using 7-zip (or whatever)) the root exploit from here.

This step is no longer available, it states "most likely because the thread or post you are trying to view has been moved or deleted." Any help in finding the root exploit? Thanks

Brandon Housenick

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site

Here's the site I used to get the root files;
ZV9-ZVB-Universal-Root.zip
for anyone else that needs it... still would like to know how to get rid of the Qslide bar and do some customization. I'm new to the android scene so I'm trying to figure out how to do what. Got the titanium backup up and running and good on that.

vadim13045

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

So i rooted my phone thanks to the video. How do i get roms or theathering on my phone now? Sorry newbie here.

marcus0263

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site

So i rooted my phone thanks to the video. How do i get roms or theathering on my phone now? Sorry newbie here.

Just check the play store, there are a number of tethering apps there

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk 4

penningtonsm

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site

Is there a tutorial on how to install roms on this device? I'm really new to android and don't want to brick my phone. Was with iPhone for many years and Jailbreaking was a snap. Should custom roms not be done by newbies?

Sent from my LG-E980 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar