Please Report Signal Strength Quality

RackDaddy

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Currently an AT&T iPhone 5 user after having the iPhone 3 and 4. Since upgrading, I've had incredible issues with poor signal strength. Area's that normally would pull in 3-4 bars are now showing 1-2. At my office, I used to be able to stream music (SKY.fm) with 1-2 bars, and now I have to stand next to a window to register a signal at all.

I know that Motorola and Nokia phones are known for their superior signal strengths, but haven't heard anything regarding LG and specifically the LG Optimus G and G Pro. Any comments -- particularly those coming from previous iPhone 4/5 users -- would be greatly appreciated!

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I am getting great signal strength at my office 4 bars of 4G LTE, when I was using a Verizon S3 I would be lucky to get 2 bars of LTE and the speeds were less than stellar. I do have an issue with signal quality at my home and its not related to the OG Pro I was having the same issue with the S4 on AT&T. I am in a 3G (4G HSPA+) area but its only pulling in 1-2 bars of Edge. They mentioned a microcell but my position is I should not be paying for their coverage issues, I could see it if I was in a fringe area but according to the map I am well within the signal area by 1/2 mile.

Gdwheel

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I have had some dropped calls and called AT&T. I got a new SIM card and had the profile updated to reflect the OG Pro. I will be testing to see if it works better. It seemed that my signal was bouncing all over the place, and since the update it seems to have improved, so it might have been the card/profile. We will see. If it is not improved I will have to return it. I otherwise love the phone and hope that is not necessary.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I just did a speed test on AT&T LTE at my office, it smoked Verizon's LTE at my office. AT&T tested out at 16.9Mbps down 10.2Mbps up. The best I ever got with Verizon LTE was 5Mbps or so down andd 1.5-2Mbps up. What a joke.

alc2077

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
The signal strength on the Optimus G Pro seems to be performing better than my Note II in the RF signal department! I get more bars and noticed that I am getting more bars in more places with the LG Optimus Pro

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I have excellent signal performance everywhere but at my house, which is due in part to topography or how AT&T's towers are situated in my area. I get at least edge to some HSPA+ but I don't use my data at the house much anyways.

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
No signal issues at all with my OGP. I have had every single iPhone from 3 to 5 and the LG outperforms ALL of them for signal strength. /shrug
In my house I was barely getting 1-2 bars with iPhone 5. I am getting 3 with the LG OGP.

ptb127

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
Bars don't mean much WRT signal strength.. It's impt to look at -dBM, higher the number the better. Can you check that and report back?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc