Ive noticed that the bottom half of my screen has a warmer tint than the top. It mostly apparent when scrolling through something thats light gray. When the gray goes from the top to the bottom of the screen, it shifts its tint noticeably. Can you guys try it out on your device? Im wondering if i should exchange my device
    05-17-2013 02:06 PM
    Are you looking at the phone at an angle? The longer screen makes the viewing angles more apparent, so looking at the screen up front should yield the best image, but if you look at it at an angle, the bottom half is at one angle from your face while the top half is at a different one, making the screen look weird... it's not that apparent when many colors are on the screen and will only be noticeable when really bright, clear, uniform colors appear (like you say, a grey or white background)
    socacola likes this.
    05-17-2013 02:37 PM
    No, im looking at it dead on. Even looking at it from the top when its laying down flat on a table gives the same tint shift.
    05-17-2013 02:57 PM
    My screen appears to be slightly brighter in the center, which is noticeable when I'm scrolling on email, tapatalk, etc. Anyone else notice anything like this? Think I can live with it, but if not normal may go exchange. Of course, I could end up with a screen with the same and/or other problems.
    05-19-2013 02:12 PM
    Yeah, mine is the same way. The demo unit at the ATT store was the same as well. Its like a brighter spot in the center about the size of a dollar coin, visible on white or gray backgrounds. Im trying hard to overlook these issues and to just enjoy the phone, but its still annoying
    05-19-2013 02:50 PM
    Yeah, mine is the same way. The demo unit at the ATT store was the same as well. Its like a brighter spot in the center about the size of a dollar coin, visible on white or gray backgrounds. Im trying hard to overlook these issues and to just enjoy the phone, but its still annoying
    Thanks for the response. Won't bother trying to address that issue with a replacement then. Think I'll learn to ignore it after the newness of the phone wears off.
    05-19-2013 03:26 PM