[VIDEO] LG Optimus G Pro vs HTC One vs Samsung Galaxy S4 Direct Sunlight Comparison

uci2ci

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for sharing. Htc one wins hands down....to no surprise really. Im not sure if youre privy to this, but the S4 only reaches its max brightness on Auto setting. I couldnt tell from the video if auto was selected or not. Its a close call between the OGP and the S4. I must say though, LGs screen coating is very reflective. I wish they would have used a less mirror like coating on the OGP. Also, like almost any phone on the market, there are screen variations for each phone. Between what ive seen between my own OGP, demo units, and a couple that i exchanged, some screen are "cooler" but less bright, and some are "warmer" and slightly brighter. Both screen types looked good to my eyes, and i wouldnt pick one over the other, but for outdoors visibilty tests, i think it would make an appreciable difference.

chrisngrod

Sep 5, 2010
www.mycricketforum.com
I did overlook two things on the test so they will be redone. A big flop on my part but it's part of the learning experience.

The GS4 might achieve higher levels of brightness with the phone set to auto. Also, while trying to stay out of view, I couldn't see that the Optimus G Pro slipped to 76% brightness.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I did overlook two things on the test so they will be redone. A big flop on my part but it's part of the learning experience.

The GS4 might achieve higher levels of brightness with the phone set to auto. Also, while trying to stay out of view, I couldn't see that the Optimus G Pro slipped to 76% brightness.

Still, that was a well-done test. Thank you for swapping the phones out, and making sure that the reflection of the camera on the middle phone didn't stay exclusively on one unit.

But my choice is even harder. I want the screen of the HTC One with the camera of the S4 and the removable battery of anything but the One. Rassinfrassin... LOL

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol