Save big + get 3 months free! Sign up for ExpressVPN today

I have been bouncing back and forth between the OGP and GS4. They are both excellent devices and have pros and cons. Frankly, I have had a hard time choosing between the two.

For now, I have decided to use the SG4 (although I am sure I will continue to go back and forth). The biggest reason is the call quality of the OGP. I use my phone quite a bit for business and like it when my cell phone quality is near that of my landline. My clients do not need to know if I am in the office or out. With the OGP, there is no question it is a cell phone. I have been told that by my wife and others and I tried it out by leaving voice mail messages with both devices from the same location. The OGP sounds like I am in a car even when I am sitting in a quite room (office). It is very tinny sounding and there is a lot of air-like noise. The GS4 sounds a little quiet and slightly muffled, but it otherwise sounds like a landline.

I have also had a couple issues with dropped calls with the OGP. I may have fixed them by switching SIM cards, but they still concern me. Neither phone has stellar signal strength. they are both decent, but not great. I have not had any dropped calls with the GS4.

I love the large, clear screen on the OGP. The SG4 has a good screen, but I do miss the extra real estate offered by the OGP. The interesting thing is that neither phone produces truly great color. The Samsungs are always too vivid and color-saturated with the reds being enhanced (and added). The OGP is truer, but is actually on the other end of the spectrum. Things (photos, apps, etc.) looked slightly washed out on the OGP. It is interesting to look at a true source and then view the same photos on the two devices.

I use the email, calendar, contacts apps on both extensively, since they are tied to my work exchange account. I like the OGP apps better. They are similar on the two devices, but there are some small differences. The calendar app is similar, for example, but Samsung uses that awful brown and orange color pattern. Whoever came up with that color combination should be shot. The OGP calendar app functions the same and looks very clean. The email app is slightly better on the SG4, although the differences are minor and probably come down to user preference. The air view on the SG4 is pretty nice, allowing you to see what is in an email, calendar entry, etc. without opening it. The contacts apps are virtually the same.

I like the folders and customization on the OGP much better. I like that I can have three rows of folders, the app tray and the clock/weather widget on the home screen of the OGP. I also like the way the folder colors can be changed, sized, etc. The SG4 does not offer those features.

A very minor thing is that I like the stock wallpapers on the GS4 better than the OGP wallpapers. I downloaded the SG4 wallpapers on my OGP and that is when you really notice the color differences between the two devices. They look good on the SG4 (since they are made for it and the resolution fits better), but I was surprised how washed-out the same wallpapers looked on the OGP. Sorry, but I am not a big fan of berries.

Battery life has been great on both devices. The OGP is better, but not by as much as I expected when looking at the size of the batteries. Of course the bigger screen uses more juice. I easily get a full day and could probably get two days out of each device. I would have more confidence in the OGP getting two full days (and maybe more), but the SG4 is really surprising how long it lasts.

There are lots of other factors, too, but these are several of the ones that matter to me on a daily basis. They are the things I rely on, primarily for work. As I said, neither device is perfect and they are both great. I am happy to have both, but it makes it tough to decide which to use. As I said, I will probably go back and forth, but right now I am using the SG4.
    05-24-2013 04:49 PM
    I would keep the OGP. However, I don't understand why it isn't available in white on AT&T.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2
    05-25-2013 09:51 AM
    White and Silver are so last decade. Black is classic the new color is gold. I want a gold phone. I'm talking Iron Man gold.
    http://www.farrukh.pk/images/iron_man_gold_farrukh.jpg
    05-25-2013 11:18 AM
    Back in the day Coloware used to do any product you sent in, ColorWare now it seems they do specific products. Too bad I once had a BB8820 done in Black and Green both metalic paints and it was sweet. Sold it long, long, long time ago.
    05-25-2013 02:52 PM
    I would keep the OGP. However, I don't understand why it isn't available in white on AT&T.
    Oh, I am keeping both. No question.
    05-25-2013 06:40 PM
    My OGP with GS4 Wallpaper...I don't like berries either.
    Attached Thumbnails OGP v. GS4-screenshot_2013-05-26-12-00-12.jpg  
    05-26-2013 12:04 PM
    White and Silver are so last decade. Black is classic the new color is gold. I want a gold phone. I'm talking Iron Man gold.

had the Dolce & Gabbana Gold Motorola Razr back in the day. Cost 400 bucks that i paid for outright because i was not due an upgrade when it came out. Ppl thought i was nuts but oh how that phone made me smile everytime i looked at it. Then i saw someone else with it, some hoochie mama who was loud and obnoxious talking wayyyyy louder on it that she shoulda been and i instantly hated the phone. Gave it away shortly after.. Moral of story: Don't spend a lot on something trendy if your fickle like me...lol

BTC
    05-26-2013 02:50 PM
    Ordered my OGP today. I kept vacillating between it and the Galaxy S4, then I saw the screen size of the Note II and said "Oh, I gotta get me some of that!", and the OGP seems to combine most of the best of both phones - big screen, relatively recent OS, 13+MP camera.

There are a few things like "Action shot" on the S4 that still enticed me, but they felt gimmicky and not worth the smaller screen.

I'm sure I'll have some buyer's remorse, but ah well. Been carrying my HTC Thunderbolt as a daily driver long enough. New phone, new carrier.

Edit: One week later, no signs of buyer's remorse. This phone is... mind-blowing,
    05-30-2013 01:01 PM