Does anyone have trouble with the narrow home button?

orange-man

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I tried this phone at the store yesterday. It looked fantastic in every way, but the home button seemed awkward and difficult to press because it is flush and narrow. The store has the anti-theft mechanism on the phones so I couldn't get to grip the phone normally.

I'm just wondering if actual owners feel the same.

Chemcat

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm fine with it too, only thing I've had to get used to are the volume buttons with a TPU case but I'm getting better with them too.

67srbell

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Kind of. The problem that I discovered with the button layout is that the volume rocker is lower on the left side compared to the Galaxy devices and when holding with one's left hand, I would accidentally press the volume rocker with the heel of my hand when reaching for the power button. Sound similar?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
No problems here, though to be honest the physical home button is not a nice in my opinion as a standard capacitive home button. Small and minor flaw in an otherwise very nice phone.

Sent from my LG Optimus G Pro.

Jadien

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
It is noticeably different coming from the capacitive home button on my old Evo 4G LTE. But, it's not too hard to get used to. Only thing I wish was of it lit up when the capacitive buttons are lit; not so much from a functional perspective, but from a aesthetic one.

Posted via Android Central App

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
No problem at all. It's flush but doesn't require much of a press, just enough to notice a positive click. I wouldn't mind it being wider, but then I think they would have had to add vertical space to the phone.

A capacitive button/LED combo like on the Nexus might have worked better. Then again, they'd really need the capacitive buttons to be VISIBLE then. The physical home button acts as a point of reference for me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall