A few questions about notifications:

dataquest#IM

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm considering getting the OGP, but I have a few questions that hopefully someone here can answer. Can you set custom SMS tones for different contacts? I think I remember seeing somewhere that the OGP also has the ability to have the screen light up when you receive a text message. And I believe that it has a cool sms popup feature as well, is this accurate? I don't know why android phones don't normally have these features, it is beyond me. I had the HTC One, but took it back because it didn't have this feature, among other things. Also, I like receiving twitter notifications, so can you set a specific tone for these? And will it light up the screen when they are received as well?
I'm trying to decide between this phone and the GS4. These notification options are important for me. Thanks in advance for any input, folks.

Jake52

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
The phone screen does light up when getting a text. It doesn't have a preview but you can jump right into the messaging app from the lock screen. You can also assign different tones for your contacts and it has the messaging pop up feature. The pop up feature is nice, I like being able to reply without leaving what you are doing.

I'm not sure about your Twitter questions because I don't really use it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Very-Annoyed