Sixaxis compatibility

Mxous

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone managed to get a ps3 controller working in any way? I've had no luck with an OTG cable or with the bluetooth app in the play store. Are there other options for using a controller with this phone?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone managed to get a ps3 controller working in any way? I've had no luck with an OTG cable or with the bluetooth app in the play store. Are there other options for using a controller with this phone?

Welcome to the forums!
Do a search for six axis compatibility from Dancing Pixel Studios. That will tell you if the device you have is compatible to do so. If it is, you also need to be rooted to make it work, and you need to configure the controller via a PC. Once you configure the controller, it won't work (as you will be changing the bluetooth signature). The compatibility app is free on Play, but the actual app you would need is like $7.

Mxous

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I have tried the compatibility app which not only fails to connect to the bluetooth resulting in an error asking me if my phone is rooted (it is) but it also manages to break the Wifi so that the phone needs to be restarted. So then I "obtained" the actual sixaxis app since the compatibility app hasn't been updated in a year or so. The actual app failed in a similar manner.

My next option was to try an OTG cable. The phone did not detect the controller. Now I'm just hoping there is some other obscure solution that someone else has figured out.

climaxcss

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
it works for me ! i have tried two apps before it works but now without any it still works...
first try to set your connection to mtp for usb and try

if it doesn't work try with sixaxis controller checker

Mxous

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
it works for me ! i have tried two apps before it works but now without any it still works...
first try to set your connection to mtp for usb and try

if it doesn't work try with sixaxis controller checker
Could you go into more detail on how you got it working? I have MTP set and when I plug in the controller there is no response. I also tried a USB flash drive and got no response. Could it be that my OTG cable is just faulty?

The sixaxis controller app for sure does not work on this phone.

ethanemc505

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I have the gamestop bluetooth controller and it works great with certain games like Cordy and Riptide plus it was only $10. No 3rd party apps required, just pair it in the BT settings panel and it works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech