08-14-2013 12:43 AM
51 123
tools
    LG has been updating their phones well lately. Even mid/low tier models have been seeing at least the next release after the one it was shipped with.

I doubt their flagship will be neglected.

Posted via Android Central App
    07-03-2013 02:19 PM
    Let's all hope att don't mess it up. Haha
    07-03-2013 04:40 PM
    If at&t does end support, does this mean even if LG does release new software that at&t wouldnt allow it through?
    07-03-2013 05:06 PM
    If at&t does end support, does this mean even if LG does release new software that at&t wouldnt allow it through?
    I don't think you need to worry. When AT&T finally ends support for this phone, we all will have moved on to another device.
    07-03-2013 06:41 PM
    True on the fact we would all have new phones. I switch phones too much like once a year. They come out way too fast. They should all do a new one very year not every 6 months or less. All these phones I would think it would be hard for carriers to support them all. At least in a timely manner.
    07-03-2013 07:47 PM
    Maybe a little off topic. Best Buy never ever had this phone out for display. Wonder if that had anything to do with Samsung having a store inside.
    dunnie75 likes this.
    07-04-2013 07:42 AM
    No I don't think they would waste there time displaying a phone that's just for one carrier. Just what I think. This phone should be on all.
    07-04-2013 03:24 PM
    It's getting ready to hit sprint and Verizon soon!

sent from my OG PRO using tapatalk 4
    npaladin-2000 likes this.
    07-24-2013 06:52 PM
    I hope you're right. The exclusivity is hurting us on the accessory front. I'm new to the OGP and I'm loving the phone, but the lack of accessories is maddening.
    It's getting ready to hit sprint and Verizon soon!

sent from my OG PRO using tapatalk 4
    Just some old guy likes this.
    07-26-2013 05:19 PM
    If it hadn't been for an online AT&T rep, I wouldn't have this great new LG Optimus G Pro! I had thought I wanted to upgrade my Samsung Galaxy S2 to the Note2. It was out of stock on the website so I contacted an online rep to see if they knew if it would be restocked. He, of course, didn't know but did ask if he could suggest another phone that had more going for it. He suggested the G Pro. After my research I headed for the nearest AT&T store that had it in stock. Have only had it for two days but am extremely happy.

Dorothy
    07-27-2013 03:30 PM
    I hear you I went for the Optimus g pro from the Galaxy Note II and i'm so glad that I saw this one online. Specs are way better and this is a phone that I will keep a long while...maybe even beyond my upgrade next year in November. I'm just stunned At&t didn't market this phone to much as I think a lot of people would have brought it. I think even At&t is caught up in this brand name crap like consumers are..and I was too till I decided to stop buying stuff because A certain brand name is attached to it.
    07-29-2013 02:32 PM
    Yeah, LG has been good about updates.

What's even more reassuring is that the difference between the G Pro and the upcoming G2 is marginal. S600 vs S800 chipset isn't enough for me to wait til end of August (that is, if any US carriers get it at launch), nor justify paying the forseen $200+ pricetag for a next gen flagship device vs the $99 for the G Pro, which will probably go on even more of a discount once the G2 is available for sale. On top of that, the screens are both 1080p, and I'm not convinced that the new screen LG has developed is going to be worth the money nor the wait over the G Pro. Oh, and the G Pro is 5.5" vs 5.2". I'd like to keep the extra screen real estate.

All of this means that you get high end flagship phone from LG that will still feel like a high end flagship device in 12-18 months from now and given LG's track record, they will support it as such. For those who were early adopters of the G Pro, that means the next phone after the upcoming G2 will be hitting the scenes just in time for their 2 year upgrade. The G Pro for me was an easy choice especially after I saw the leaks of what the G2 had to offer; I didn't feel like I was going to be left behind with an old device in 12 months from now. The G Pro is the best 5"+ smartphone when you take into consideration its specs, price, and alternatives in the marketplace. Only reason why I can see someone not getting the G Pro is they don't have ATT; can't get good reception in their area with AT&T, or just can't afford the plan pricing.

Oh, and by the time KLP releases and becomes established enough to make a difference (specifically app optimization) it'll be far enough into the future that the next gen device gets leaked and I'll be getting a new phone anyway.

TLDR-

Don't worry, G Pro will be supported and it'll still feel like a premium flagship phone even in a year from today.
    maj71303 likes this.
    07-29-2013 08:30 PM
    Yeah, LG has been good about updates.

What's even more reassuring is that the difference between the G Pro and the upcoming G2 is marginal. S600 vs S800 chipset isn't enough for me to wait til end of August (that is, if any US carriers get it at launch), nor justify paying the forseen $200+ pricetag for a next gen flagship device vs the $99 for the G Pro, which will probably go on even more of a discount once the G2 is available for sale. On top of that, the screens are both 1080p, and I'm not convinced that the new screen LG has developed is going to be worth the money nor the wait over the G Pro. Oh, and the G Pro is 5.5" vs 5.2". I'd like to keep the extra screen real estate.

All of this means that you get high end flagship phone from LG that will still feel like a high end flagship device in 12-18 months from now and given LG's track record, they will support it as such. For those who were early adopters of the G Pro, that means the next phone after the upcoming G2 will be hitting the scenes just in time for their 2 year upgrade. The G Pro for me was an easy choice especially after I saw the leaks of what the G2 had to offer; I didn't feel like I was going to be left behind with an old device in 12 months from now. The G Pro is the best 5"+ smartphone when you take into consideration its specs, price, and alternatives in the marketplace. Only reason why I can see someone not getting the G Pro is they don't have ATT; can't get good reception in their area with AT&T, or just can't afford the plan pricing.

Oh, and by the time KLP releases and becomes established enough to make a difference (specifically app optimization) it'll be far enough into the future that the next gen device gets leaked and I'll be getting a new phone anyway.

TLDR-

Don't worry, G Pro will be supported and it'll still feel like a premium flagship phone even in a year from today.

Got my G Pro for $49.99 through Amazon and I think it will last me until at least KLP. The G pro will get updated and also is on schedule to appear at verizon and sprint here soon.
    07-29-2013 10:23 PM
    Wow, $49! I just checked Amazon, it's at $79 now.
    07-29-2013 11:39 PM
    Wow, $49! I just checked Amazon, it's at $79 now.
    Yep last week it was $49.99 with a contract or add a line. Now $30 more but still a good deal for such a great phone.
    07-30-2013 11:39 AM
    You think AT&T will price match? They're selling it for $99, but $20 savings is still a $20 savings...
    07-30-2013 12:04 PM
    You think AT&T will price match? They're selling it for $99, but $20 savings is still a $20 savings...
    probably not but you can try. At&t sells it contract free for $439
    07-30-2013 06:02 PM
    Quite a drop from the $549 I paid 2 months ago.
    07-31-2013 02:48 AM
    $439 is quite the deal considering how great the phone is.

I would normally buy the phone outright, but because my significant other works in the Death Star, *ahem*, I mean works at AT&T, we get 50% off on our cell plan. So, a 10GB data w/ unlimited calls/texts comes out to about $55/mo per line... I'll happily sign a 2 year contract to lock in that price and get the cell phone subsidy and "stick it to the man".
    07-31-2013 01:18 PM
    Ending support, hardly. I just picked mine up @ an ATT store last week. This is a beautiful phone

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk 2
    08-01-2013 01:07 AM
    Since it's coming to other carriers, does this mean their will be more support for this phone? Like getting updated to a newer version of Android?
    08-01-2013 12:59 PM
    Since it's coming to other carriers, does this mean their will be more support for this phone? Like getting updated to a newer version of Android?
    And more accessories, one would hope.

Sent from my LG Optimus G Pro using Tapatalk 2.
    08-01-2013 05:57 PM
    when will this phone be availanle on tmobile?
    08-12-2013 01:45 PM
    when will this phone be availanle on tmobile?
    I'm not sure but if you buy it from AT&T out right you'll be able to unlock it and it will work on T Mobile

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    08-13-2013 10:33 AM
    The phone is on my watch list. I briefly looked at it at the ATT store. I'm going to see what the Note 3 and next Nexus offers.
    08-13-2013 08:19 PM
51 123