Gps on the optimus g pro

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone okay so have had the device going on a full week and the GPS does not seem to be able locate me even google now won't show weather or my work traffic info like on my htc one and yes everything is turned on. i also went to facebook to test check in and kept getting can't locate location, also used foursquare same thing cannot find location it says i am in ohio and i am in texas just nuts anyone else seeing issues with GPS before i head back to the store.

Chemcat

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I had a similar problem with my OGP when I first got the phone. It wouldn't resolve my location either, it would time out. The app "GPS Status and Toolbox", a free app on Google Play fixed this problem for me. When you start the app hit the menu key and go to "tools". Select "Manage a GPS state" and hit the download key. This fixed my problem and it's a pretty cool app in its own right as it gives you a lot of other info.

cleankutazn

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I had a similar problem with my OGP when I first got the phone. It wouldn't resolve my location either, it would time out. The app "GPS Status and Toolbox", a free app on Google Play fixed this problem for me. When you start the app hit the menu key and go to "tools". Select "Manage a GPS state" and hit the download key. This fixed my problem and it's a pretty cool app in its own right as it gives you a lot of other info.

Yes I noticed that problem too recently, the gps keeps searching for location even though i'm not using any apps that require it. My battery drains real fast when that happens. A restart usually fixes the problem but it gets annoying. Do you have to keep downloading that program from "manage a GPS state" whenever it keeps searching for location or just one time?

Chemcat

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I've only had to use the download on the Manage a GPS state once so far. That was about a month ago. It says that the download gets GPS assistance data from the internet. All I know is that it worked for me. I haven't had the problem you have. The only time I got a message that it was searching for a location fix was when I was using Google Maps. I normally leave GPS turned off unless I'm using the map for navigation which isn't very often.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith