How to remove this annoying at&t address book

socacola

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
I just got my phone today, and I love it. Can anyone help me out in telling me how I can remove this address book check every time I click on contacts. I don't have the option to disable it in the apps menu. Is everyone using this address book? Or is there a way to disable it?

May 29, 2013
Visit site
I had this problem too and I searched the web until I found a solution.
I don't remember where I found the solution but I'll try to reconstruct from memory.
It has to do with never activating the Address Book app in the first place (which happens the first time you launch it and click that you accept the terms).
If you have already activated it, then you need to clear the data and re-launch it and hit "cancel" when asked to accept the terms.

Go into settings then apps and find the address book app (you may have to swipe over to the "All" section of the apps list).
Tap the entry for AT&T address book. Force stop then clear all data (clear cache and defaults too if you have the option).
Then reboot the phone. Re-launch the Address Book app and when you are asked to accept terms and conditions, hit cancel (or decline--not sure what the exact verbiage is, but it's very important not to activate by accepting terms & conditions).

I'm sorry if this may not be exact and you may have to play with it a time or two. You can probably find more by googling.
Hope this helps.

Catalina Rantica

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
Hi, i have recently bought an at&t unlocked Motorola Moto X. The at&t address book was pre installed and it is really bothering me, i can't find the way to get ridd of this app. I have also called Motorola where they told me that have to force it's detention but it doesn't work. Do you have any other idea? Thank you

heshtesh

May 27, 2015
Visit site
I don't know if this method will work on your Motorola phone but it is the procedure I used to remove the AT&T phone book from my LG G2 phone. type in star # star # 2666 # star# star then hit registration to completed and the pop up will disappear.

Stan Bryars

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
Doesn't work for me. The phone tries to dial it as a phone number.

I am stuck with the previous owner's (my wife) contact list and can not get to mine

Azaz NAqvi

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Dear User,
If you want to disable your AT&T Address book go to the settings>apps>all apps and disable all services running in the AT&T address book app. So you can easily access your contact directly with out loading the AT&T address book.

Regards,
AZAZ HASNAIN NAQVI

yokohama1970

Jan 4, 2016
Visit site
I used the apps force stop, disable & rebooted. I was never asked about att address book. Contacts work the Android way. XT1058 At&t on T-Mobile. 5.1.1

Thank You

Ezra Peres

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
I bought my Galaxy s7 Edge just about two weeks ago and just yesterday I started experiencing the dreaded #At&T Address book sync" I noticed that it began to drain the bejeebies from my battery, 30% in and hour. I was able to disable it for now by the descriptions from previous authors.. Once it appeared on my pop up I long press, it takes to the app, then I tap the FORCE STOP, I then clear Cache, clear Data, then i go to Permissions and I disable all option (Contacts, SMS, etc ) then I reboot, the PopUp will come back saying !Address book sync has no permission! it will clear after a few minute and it will no longer appear... That was my solution... I hope this helps

Jays1fan

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
my wife just switched to android from a windows phone yesterday , and since we have Cricket , we got a Go Phone LG Phoenix 2 and that AT&T address book popup is almost enough to want her to switch back. I have read everything and cant get it to stop. there is no app on the phone for it. it runs the new Marshmello I believe. Can anyone help ?

mkulaf2

Sep 8, 2016
Visit site
LG G4 here : I can get all the way to the ATT address book app (Select System apps from the 3 dots) and force stop, clear cache and data and deny permissions. BUT, the disable button is grayed out and it pops up anyway after a reboot.
Also, #*#*2666*#*# throws an error saying invalid MMI code.
I'm going nuts. Any additional help on this?

MbwaNaZamba

Sep 30, 2016
Visit site
Addressing some of the problems people are having with this: to see the AT&T Address Book under Apps (in Settings, General) you need to tap the vertical ellipsis in the upper right corner and select Show System. This is where you can deny access (although in testing it looks like AT&T turns access back on).

More importantly, to tell the app that it's already registered, you need to dial *#*#2666#*#*. Please note that you begin and end with the asterisk, not the hash. It can take a few seconds to get to the following screen. On my Android, Registration is the third option. By telling it that registration is complete, it will stop trying to register.

Now, in your actual phone contacts app, click on the vertical three dots and choose Contacts settings. There you will find Accounts & sync and you can go to the AT&T Address Book and turn off Auto-sync contacts.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad